DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Shot with no side sensors?

Skyryder

Reactions
Nube question here since I dont have the drone yet. If I were to use Master shot next to a bank of trees say on one side of a road, would it hit them flying around if I stat off above the tree line? In other words, when master shot takes over and picks it's own flight path, is there a chance it goes lower than it's starting position and there by possibly hit something when flying sideways?

I don't know but suggest any new mode of flying should be first experimented with in a safe place where such concerns do not matter. That would also likely provide an answer to your question.

Yes, Air2S has not lateral sensors. During master shots it flies sideways, it will crash with something in its path.

Yes, Air2S has not lateral sensors. During master shots it flies sideways, it will crash with something in its path.
Its true that the Air 2s doesn't have side sensors, however DJI has cleverly programed it to fly at angles to keep things in front of the obstacle avoidance. The Air 2S flys in more of a straight path with the gimbal at an angle toward the subject to make this happen.

The Air 2S does have large blind spots and should always be flown at heights where it won't hit anything when doing its maneuvers, but it does try to stay out of trouble.

As Yorkshire stated above, try it out in a safe place as I’m not sure it doesn’t descend lower than your starting altitude.

Its true that the Air 2s doesn't have side sensors, however DJI has cleverly programed it to fly at angles to keep things in front of the obstacle avoidance. The Air 2S flys in more of a straight path with the gimbal at an angle toward the subject to make this happen.

The Air 2S does have large blind spots and should always be flown at heights where it won't hit anything when doing its maneuvers, but it does try to stay out of trouble.
This is the best answer. It is designed in a way to prevent collision, but nothing is perfect, so I wouldn’t use it areas with high density of obstacles.

I love the fact that you are thoroughly checking the water before diving in. When you do get a drone and decide to actually keep it, I'm sure that you're going to find that master shots are not very interesting and that your time would be better spent learning to fly the maneuver yourself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998