DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Matching audio to video.

HFP

Reactions
I recently did a shoot where I was told, after the fact that, the producer wanted a copy of the cached video that contained the audio that we recorded. The problem was that we shot a full 128g SD card with video and there is only 8g of onboard memory where the video was recorded with audio and this keeps recycling. If I had known this in advance is there any way I could have recorded the full 128g with audio without stopping and down each 8g segment? I offered the use of my P4P V2 but the producer insisted on my Mavic 2 Pro because of the Hasselblad camera.

I recently did a shoot where I was told, after the fact that, the producer wanted a copy of the cached video that contained the audio that we recorded. The problem was that we shot a full 128g SD card with video and there is only 8g of onboard memory where the video was recorded with audio and this keeps recycling. If I had known this in advance is there any way I could have recorded the full 128g with audio without stopping and down each 8g segment? I offered the use of my P4P V2 but the producer insisted on my Mavic 2 Pro because of the Hasselblad camera.
So, am I understanding this correctly.
The producer wants 128gb worth of angry bees noise?

I had the understanding that none of the Mavics record audio.
My understanding as well.
However, if my understanding is understood - the OP understands this and understood that (hypothetically understanding) all that would be recorded is a swarm of angry African Bees.

Understand?

DJI drones do not indeed have a microphone. You can record sound via the app so you can commentate on a flight as you see it via the video downlink but anything recorded on the drone itself, either on the internal memory or an SD card, will be as silent as Charlie Chaplin.

Reactions: Bill combs
Correct. The audio would be in the cache video stored on your mobile device. You have to turn that feature on.
You can install an SD card and have the cache video placed there rather than your phone's internal storage.

However the cache video would only be 720p or 1080p depending on your remote setting.

DJI drones do not indeed have a microphone. You can record sound via the app so you can commentate on a flight as you see it via the video downlink but anything recorded on the drone itself, either on the internal memory or an SD card, will be as silent as Charlie Chaplin.
you stole my thunder about no mic on the mavic drone or remote audio is recorded on the phone or tablet

The cheap Syma drones have microphones in their cameras. Rather useless and annoying, especially with the gear noise in the mix with the prop noise.

Reactions: Bill combs
The cheap Syma drones have microphones in their cameras. Rather useless and annoying, especially with the gear noise in the mix with the prop noise.
Lol why anyone would think a mic in the drone would be a good idea obviously doesn't know anything about drones

If you need shoot drone video with narrative audio; buy a Zoom H1N recorder - $100 (or equiv.) and record audio while in flight.
Speakers ON and you can skip to 1:17 for the payoff.

IMPORTANT: Slate that shot. That is; start recording with both the drone pointed at the person speaking and the audio recorder, then clap your hands as a visual/audible que point to make it easy to sync in post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose