DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Matte screen protector for RC2 controller

Aaron24

Reactions
Hi is anyone here using a matte screen protector on their RC2 controller?

Do they reduce sensitivity on the touch screen? Do they actually reduce glare and reflections? If you have one do you recommend it as an improvement?

Not what you asked for, but I can tell you why I didn't buy one if that helps...

I went with a sun-shade instead, which does much the same thing in a different way - keeps the screen out of direct sunlight so any glossiness isn't an issue. Also protects the sticks (which never need removing again) and the screen, when closed, without ever sticking anything to the unit. I thought that was better solution and made the matte thing largely unnecessary.

Not what you asked for, but I can tell you why I didn't buy one if that helps...

I went with a sun-shade instead, which does much the same thing in a different way - keeps the screen out of direct sunlight so any glossiness isn't an issue. Also protects the sticks (which never need removing again) and the screen, when closed, without ever sticking anything to the unit. I thought that was better solution and made the matte thing largely unnecessary.
Even better, why not fly from underneath some form of shade yourself. Best of all, and no sunburn either!

Visibility, usually. I like to be out in the open where I can spin 360 degrees, see the sky all around and see what's coming from all directions !
Fair enough, but unless it is a bird, you'll usually hear it long before it becomes a problem. I find open canopies provide the best shade where I am flying out in front of myself. If necessary, you can even just temporarily step out from under it for landing or a better view.

Reactions: AeroJ
Fair enough, but unless it is a bird, you'll usually hear it long before it becomes a problem. I find open canopies provide the best shade where I am flying out in front of myself. If necessary, you can even just temporarily step out from under it for landing or a better view.
I appreciate what you're saying, but I live in the UK, where excessive sunshine is rarely a problem ! TBH even that sunshield I bought gets far more use protecting sticks when packed away than it does make a massive difference to sunlight hitting the screen ! The old peaked baseball cap does a lovely job keeping what there is out of my eyes at the expense of restricting upwards view a tiny bit.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I appreciate what you're saying, but I live in the UK, where excessive sunshine is rarely a problem ! TBH even that sunshield I bought gets far more use protecting sticks when packed away than it does make a massive difference to sunlight hitting the screen ! The old peaked baseball cap does a lovely job keeping what there is out of my eyes at the expense of restricting upwards view a tiny bit.
Same here. Even in sunnier climates, best lighting for video and photography is during the golden hour and just after sunset, where overhead sunlight is nonexistent. I rarely ever fly in the middle of the day, although commercial fliers may have to.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes

Do they reduce sensitivity on the touch screen? Do they actually reduce glare and reflections? If you have one do you recommend it as an improvement?
I too am concerned about reducing screen sensitivity as it's poor now, compared to my phone and iPad.

I purchased this one prior to a trip to Europe. TBH, I didn't really pay that much attention to how much glare it cut but I didn't notice any issues with the touch screen. You can read the reviews which will help answer your questions.

Amazon.com

I’ve tried it. Seems to have reduced the sensitivity, reduces brightness too, I used it for about 4 flights and removed it.
I don’t have a screen protector.

I keep the controller in a secure case For travel.
No scratches after two years..

I’ve tried it. Seems to have reduced the sensitivity, reduces brightness too, I used it for about 4 flights and removed it.
I don’t have a screen protector.

I keep the controller in a secure case For travel.
No scratches after two years..
That's been my experience as well. Marginal benefit at a great sacrifice to functionality.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad