DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 1 and 2 with same Go4 App?

Mav Guy

Reactions
Unfortunately I crashed my Mavic 1, and have purchased a Mavic 2 Pro.

If I repair the Mavic 1, I'm assuming I can use the same Go4 app with either the Mavic 1 or the Mavic 2, but wanted to confirm that is correct. (I'll likely fix my Mavic 1 and then use it for some poor condition flying (like trying to get nice footage while it's snowing, etc. Basically a "beater" drone). Basically connect the controller/drone for the 1 or the 2 and be good to go.

And maybe more specifically...I never upgraded my software (for obvious reasons a lot of forum members are aware of) on the Mavic 1 or the App. I'm assuming I'll be forced to upgrade the app for the Mavic 2, and will then have to also upgrade the firmware/software on the Mavic 1 to match. Would that be correct also?

I'm assuming I can use the same Go4 app with either the Mavic 1 or the Mavic 2, but wanted to confirm that is correct
Yes, that's correct. All Mavic models use DJI GO 4. And you can use as many DJI drones as you'd like with the same DJI GO 4 installation.

I'm assuming I'll be forced to upgrade the app for the Mavic 2, and will then have to also upgrade the firmware/software on the Mavic 1 to match
You can upgrade DJI GO 4 without upgrading the firmware on the drone.

Yes, that's correct. All Mavic models use DJI GO 4. And you can use as many DJI drones as you'd like with the same DJI GO 4 installation.

You can upgrade DJI GO 4 without upgrading the firmware on the drone.

Thanks for the help. I have been off the forum for a while (after I bought my Mavic 1 and have been flying it fine and never updating it)...is it still best to NOT upgrade the firmware on the Mavic. I know lots of folks were having issues with the updates, then they incorporated that "tracking" or whatever, and folks didn't want to update anymore. So at that point I just left it alone at the original versions from the beginning, and she's been flying fine.

By updating the app and not the drone itself, does that then keeps the same "good" old version of the firmware? (Its the drone update people were worried about and not the app update?).

Thanks again.

is it still best to NOT upgrade the firmware on the Mavic
I'm really not sure why some people have this mentality. I always run the current firmware. Updates are still optional, so you can decide what's best for you.

By updating the app and not the drone itself, does that then keeps the same "good" old version of the firmware?
Yes. Updating DJI GO on your mobile device does not change the firmware installed on the drone, remote controller, and/or batteries.

Its the drone update people were worried about and not the app update?
Mostly (for those that worry). If running an Android device, it's easy to roll back the version of DJI GO (if needed). Apple updates are usually much less problematic since there aren't as many Apple devices available. And the Apple devices that can run DJI GO work well for most people.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa