DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 1 pro - flickering

DinoBaldi

Reactions
Hi to all video experts!

Usually, I work with drones to do 3D models and aero photogrammetry,
I'm relatively new with standard photos and even more in videos.

I'm trying to reduce the video flickering during a yaw rotation standing in hovering.
I watch on my TV 4K directly from youtube.

It seems that I've better results when if I record in 50 fps than in 60 fps.
Of course, I use ND filters 8, 16 ore 32 when necessary, but I hope to do better than these:

1st example: mountain, medium sunny day, ND16

2nd example: a seaside, cloudly day without ND, sunset, night

3rd example: next to the river, evening, with ND8

Flickering is less evident in other maneuvers, but really noticeable during Yaw.

Any suggestions to do better than these?

Many thanks.

That is certainly strange. It's like the camera is performing auto exposure adjustments, but they aren't smooth. I also noticed it looks worse on the left edge of the video. Maybe try turning any auto exposure settings to manual, like shutter speed and or ISO settings. Change them to manual and see what the video does. If it stops, that would imply the software or camera isn't working properly. The transition between ISO or shutter speeds should be smooth and unnoticeable. Not fluttery or jerky.

Thank you for your suggestions.
I made some other tests:

- with auto-exposure, with exposition blocked, in manual within and without filters.
- in MP4 or MOV
- with two different micro-sd

I can't do better. If I turn on the yaw axis faster than 1 minute on 360 degrees, it flickers.

Do other Mavic 1 pros have this behavior?
I know this is not the 2 pro that I use at work with different F/ settings...
but I hope also the old 1 can do better.

I've tried 1/50, 1/100, 1/200, or higher shutter speed.

But I admit that in 2.7k or in 1080p, with higher fps, it's really reduced.

Many thanks.

Videoing while yawing or at 90degrees to the direction of flight is the biggest challenge to the processors in the now aging Mavic Pro. I have had good results but not recently. I’m going to have to see what I changed. It’s going to be firmware (I hate that term, it’s really an operating system stored in non volatile RAM! Firmware is much lower level programming.) or the Go4 app which got quite demanding of the processors before it was replaced with GoFly for modern drones.

Reactions: mark conners

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada