DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Antenna & Disconnect issues

SmileyGC

Reactions
I have checked through the forum & threads, there are many pilots that report the same problem, but as yet I cant see a resolution.
I too have most the issues seen in the other threads and I have tried everything suggested except dismantling the drone to check inside.
- this video shows the issue...
My M2 Zoom is 2 years old and out of warranty - there are no 'DJI Care' schemes in Thailand.
I didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly, but his RC had the same issues trying to fly my AC. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, so DJI asked me to send it back again, but I have already lost confidence in the service centre here in Thailand. Now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.

I would be interested in hearing how others resolved this issue - is a core board replacement really neccessary or is it a simple connector problem...

Have you tried updating/refreshing the firmware on the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 on a PC ?

Also try relinking the AC to the RC

What version of DJI Go4 are you using, try installing the latest version ?

Have you tried updating/refreshing the firmware on the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 on a PC ?

Also try relinking the AC to the RC

What version of DJI Go4 are you using, try installing the latest version ?
That should be "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" not "Assistant 2"

I think, it just does not like those shorts.

Last edited:
The antennas are actually quite simple. There are two and they slide into the forward gear legs. The actual antenna is a circuit board with two solder joints, one for the shield of the coax wire and one for the core. On the CPU board there are two RF connectors, one for the white coax for the left antenna and black coax for the right. The gold connectors just push and snap in place. They can also be removed by lightly prying them off. The antenna in the gear leg is accessed by removing the three screws that hold on the leg. the antenna just slides in and out. To get to the CPU board, you need to remove the upper shell. Several how to guides on the web.

Teardown M2P

antenna.jpgcpu board.jpgcpu2.jpg

Reactions: Fizzbang
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54