DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 battery hub only charging one battery

F3Nelson

Reactions
I only have one battery on the hub that is actually charging, brand new out of the box batteries and hub

I charged the new batteries to 100 before using the first time. Came back to put all three on the hub, and I can only get one to charge at a time

If Id have known that, Id not have bought it.............lol Just threw 125 bucks out the window

The Tercel battery charging hub will charge all of the batteries at the same time. The total charging time for 4 batteries is about 1.2 hours.

1616888927580.png

If you're looking for something that can also charge batteries up to the storage level, this RCGEEK charging hub can also do that. Just toggle the switch on top to change between a 65% or 100% charge level. It's able to fully charge 4 batteries in about 1.5 hours.

1616889121973.png

Last edited:
Cos it’ll draw a lot of current charging all at once and might get quite hot. But yeah, you get one of the 3rd party brand ones.
My hub came with my fly more package. I use a timer to start charging abt 4 hrs before I plan to fly, usually in the morning. It works for me.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
If Id have known that, Id not have bought it.............lol Just threw 125 bucks out the window
Depends how you look at it. I place all three of my batteries on the charging hub and leave it alone. The weakest charges first and so on. I don't have to keep looking to see if one is finished and go hook up the next. Very convenient.

Depends how you look at it. I place all three of my batteries on the charging hub and leave it alone. The weakest charges first and so on. I don't have to keep looking to see if one is finished and go hook up the next. Very convenient.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it starts charging the battery that is least depleted which ensures the shortest time before you have a charged battery for insertion into the unit. In addition, the controller is the last thing to be charged after all the batteries are done.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it starts charging the battery that is least depleted which ensures the shortest time before you have a charged battery for insertion into the unit. In addition, the controller is the last thing to be charged after all the batteries are done.
You may be right I may have that backwards but its the same result for me. I put them on when I get up in the morning if Im going flying, or the night before and they are always ready. My controller lasts the longest and I never charge it at the same time, It seems to charge up quite quickly. Now the mini 4 iPad is slow to charge and drains down standing still, that I have to keep up with the most.

Actually, I think that the DJI chargers tops off the battery with the highest residual charge first, so that you have a working battery as soon as possible, then proceeds to the next one, etc.

Actually, I think that the DJI chargers tops off the battery with the highest residual charge first, so that you have a working battery as soon as possible, then proceeds to the next one, etc.
Yes we answered that.

@F3Nelson .... The Tercel hub listed above (formerly Hanatora) is excellent, charges well and quickly. I have used mine exclusively for almost 2 years and no problems with it on any of my 10 M2P batteries.
Highly recommended.
Same here, nice unit. After I fly I wait til the batteries cool, then put all 4 on "storage" mode which lets them sit at a healthy voltage until you are ready to charge them to fly again. OP: Do some reading here on the forum about battery use and storage. Never charge the batteries to 100% and let them sit around. Only charge them shortly before you're going to fly.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929