DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Battery Problem Blinking Weird Pattern

NyJosh

Reactions
I just got the Mavic 2 Fly more kit. One of the batteries doesn't light up with the bright solid partial circle when on the charger. It's dimly blinking opposite quarters 2 at a time and alternating which quarters. I've left it on the charger for about a half hour now and there's no change. When I double tap the button it does 3 short blinks. Video below.

Anyone seen this before?

Reactions: Mike4884
According to the manual, LED2 blinks 3 times: short circuit
LED3: over voltage charger
LED4: too hot.

My guess is that you got a bad battery

Does the battery have enough energy to power up the Mavic?

If so, plug it, start up DJI Go and connect. You should get a 'bad battery' message with an explanation of what is wrong in the checklist that first pops up after you connect. If not, opening the battery monitor function will show you the state of each cell.

But it definitely sounds like a bad battery.

FYI I contacted DJI and they confirmed it’s a bad battery straight out of the box. Just a bit annoyed as this is something that should have been picked up by basic quality controls at the factory. Thanks for everyone’s replies.

FYI I contacted DJI and they confirmed it’s a bad battery straight out of the box. Just a bit annoyed as this is something that should have been picked up by basic quality controls at the factory. Thanks for everyone’s replies.

Welcome to the world of consumer drones.

Hey NyJosh, I picked up my drone on Saturday and 1 of 3 brand new batteries is blinking 2 LED's also. Not the same pattern, but together at the lower right and left corners. Went to DJI store after work and was told to discharge battery completely, charge completely and then insert on drone and do firmware update. Problem is after charging, the blinking pattern is the same and wont update.

Paul

Hey NyJosh, I picked up my drone on Saturday and 1 of 3 brand new batteries is blinking 2 LED's also. Not the same pattern, but together at the lower right and left corners. Went to DJI store after work and was told to discharge battery completely, charge completely and then insert on drone and do firmware update. Problem is after charging, the blinking pattern is the same and wont update.

Paul

Mine was confirmed to be bad by DJI and I exchanged it for a new one from amazon (where I bought the fly more kit from). I didn’t even try to put it in my drone because it was acting completely abnormally and the lights I was seeing were about half the normal brightness.

What if only the 1st quadrant blinks (12 to 3 o clock - LED2) on its own. This was after it was fully charged. I did manage to plug it into the Mavic 2 and used the DJI Assistant 2 software to check the firmware and it was updated to the latest firmware.

From an unlighted standalone (not plugged into the Mavic 2 body) state, once the power button is pressed, the 1st quadrant LED will blink 6 times in about 2 seconds before stopping. If this means that there is a short circuit, is the only option a return and replacement from DJI?

What if only the 1st quadrant blinks (12 to 3 o clock - LED2) on its own. This was after it was fully charged. I did manage to plug it into the Mavic 2 and used the DJI Assistant 2 software to check the firmware and it was updated to the latest firmware.

From an unlighted standalone (not plugged into the Mavic 2 body) state, once the power button is pressed, the 1st quadrant LED will blink 6 times in about 2 seconds before stopping. If this means that there is a short circuit, is the only option a return and replacement from DJI?

Safe disposal and replacement is the option, don't try to mail a battery that's showing a short circuit...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard