DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 color; thoughts?

Former Member

Reactions
DJI has been giving buyers color choices on their drones, but the M2 seems like it's only available in the stock color for now. The Spark, MA, and P4P were available in more than one color, and some of the color choices were awesome. Seems like for now we are stuck with the color they are offering.

What color do you think it is closest to, and what do you think of it? The color looks lighter than the MP, nearer to the MPP, but darker than the Alpine White.

MP2 picture.jpg

People really care about colour?!

I see the drone close up for 2 mins pre and post flight and thats it. Im not going to hang it on my wall like a work of it. It does a job.

Having said that, i wish they'd release a bright orange or similar version to make it stand out against a sky for easier VLOS.

I see the drone close up for 2 mins pre and post flight and thats it. Im not going to hang it on my wall like a work of it. It does a job.

Having said that, i wish they'd release a bright orange or similar version to make it stand out against a sky for easier VLOS.
I would love to have a reflective orange or yellow removable skin for my drone for easier visual line of sight.

Reactions: Former Member
I'm less that thrilled with the color choices with any drone, but I just emailed this company to see when they will be offering their amazing variety of colors and patterns for the Mavic 2, as they currently offer for the MP.

Attachments

• DJIMP-GADSDEN.jpg
    DJIMP-GADSDEN.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 30

So you really do care about color! Just kidding

I'm looking for that sort of arrangement and about to order a locator beacon that beeps in case it comes down where I have to search for it.

Added weight, added drag, reduced wind handling, increased battery load. I wouldnt bother.

Brightness yes! On that subject i'd kill for *proper* port/starboard navigation and running lights to help with things.

Absolutely. What colors would you suggest as running lights? Since the fronts are both red, having a red light on the port side might get people confused with orientation, thinking it's the front. A green starboard light could be confused with the blinking rears. Not an easy solution. Blinking strobes might help, especially if they were different colors for port/starboard.

Weight, power consumption and aerodynamics are all primary concerns... Skin wouldn't make a measurable difference... I wouldn't dare wire anything into the aircraft...

The heaviest thing I want is floatation skids because I live in Florida and it would be nice to have the peace of mind that even if it did end up in the drink during riskier flight ops, I wouldn't need a dive mask and fins to recover it.

As far as lights go, I'm looking for them to be rechargeable Li-Po powered (light weight) and as bright as current technology can offer.

The locator beacon should also be Li-Po powered and as aerodynamic as possible.

Unfortunately, The Dronekeeper Micro looks like that "restrainer bolt" Luke Skywalker removed from R2-D2 to make it work correctly. It isn't aerodynamic like their mini model was and sadly enough is powered by watch batteries instead of the superior Li-Po cells of the Mini.

Attachments

• imagesWPKNDAAF.jpg
    imagesWPKNDAAF.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 20
  • imagesBLAYANB5.jpg
    imagesBLAYANB5.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 21
  • imagesFW557LQI.jpg
    imagesFW557LQI.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
Standard red/green port-starboard. Then undecided about a white running light or strobe.
In other words, keep it as aviation standard as possible so we can not only see it but clearly work out its orientation.
Im not a fan of the status LED thing anyway (the only time i ever use it is when calibrating the compass to see when to rotate it).

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Weight, power consumption and aerodynamics are all primary concerns... Skin wouldn't make a measurable difference... I wouldn't dare wire anything into the aircraft...

Its the locator im on about not skin. They're all big, all add bulk, all reduce handling and increase battery wear.

Im constantly stunned by (i) the amount of pointless crap out there for drones and (ii) how many people buy it.

Its the locator im on about not skin. They're all big, all add bulk, all reduce handling and increase battery wear.

Im constantly stunned by (i) the amount of pointless crap out there for drones and (ii) how many people buy it.

Agreed. If I cannot find what I'm looking for, I often buy something as close as possible and repurpose it or modify it more to my liking. ;)

Or just not bother as any modification is going to affect all of the above? Its like extended legs, floating balls and all kinds of random things - they aren't needed.
Most of the rubbish out there to help you if you crash it actually just increases the likelihood of it crashing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer