DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 distance flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only fly in unpopulated areas, never in populated areas away from people and homes. I was in China on vacation and visited a drone store and it had a royal 2 dual battery for mavic 2 I brought 2 43 minutes flight time.

Reactions: Radpuppy
That's crazy I've been 3.5 miles with the DJI goggles no mode. Was there any mode to it or was it a wide open area

I only fly in unpopulated areas, never in populated areas away from people and homes. I was in China on vacation and visited a drone store and it had a royal 2 dual battery for mavic 2 I brought 2 43 minutes flight time.
Oh you were in China ?
I see people on YouTube doing distance test here in US
FAA law states Visual line of sight
It doesn’t say it’s ok if in unpopulated areas or whatever
So I don’t see how they can do it legally and post on YouTube unless there are visual observers with radio communication watching the drone and communicating with pilot

Hello has anyone seen these numbers. On mavic 2 pro

Darryl, I'm a bit confused by your second post with "wow". Are the screen shots from your flights, or something you found elsewhere are and asking if this is normal speed & distance for a Mavic 2? Thanks for clarification.

If I am not mistaken, the distance number is the total distance covered by the flight, not the maximum distance from point of origin. So the flight could be achieved within VLOS rules. If I AM mistaken, then yea - it was NOT a VLOS flight.

That distance number of >80 k ft (15.27 miles) is far longer than I have seen. If this was an out and back flight, that would make max distance from point of origin 7.64 miles, which is also well beyond any distance tests I have seen. So either the pilot had a really powerful signal amplifier, or the flight had a large component of circling around the point of origin. If the images are yours, it would be interesting to see the track followed by the flight.

The max distance and max time numbers appear to come from the same flight, so average speed had to be a hair over 30 mph, which is doable. But the max time is also well above any other max flight time I have seen. If I understand your post #6, it looks like you were flying with a dual battery setup, is that correct? I don't think I have seen any data from that configuration.

As for max speed, what you posted is also far above any max speed numbers I have seen posted. A flight with a monster (>35 mph) tailwind would produce a number like the one you posted. The speed numbers come from GPS data so it is speed over the ground that is recorded, not airspeed. I can't speak for others, but I could not see myself flying in conditions like that (but I can be a bit of a wuss at times...). If the images are your flights, I would be interested in hearing more about how this was achieved.

Thanks.....

Hello no booster the signal held up very well and I was flying at 31 mph out and back and I was using royal 2 dual battery which gives me 7900 mah nothing special.

So you were max 7.6 miles away from point of origin, and still had up and downlink signals?? That is beyond remarkable.

I would love to see the flight log from that flight if you'd care to upload it...

What about the max speed - can you tell us more about that flight??

And being the OP decided to delete the pictures in his post on this it really makes no sense .
Sooo
5364d738-601e-4c67-b52e-a1ecafc33d55.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54