DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Dual, No beeps for anti collision radar.

sergekouper

Reactions
I have no idea why, I get vocal messages from the app, Anti collision is on, but no beeps coming from the iPhone. sound is at the max on iPhone.

Anti-collision as in the ADS-B receiver? I was hoping DJI included an ADS-B transceiver with the M2E Dual. I have a FlightAware ADS-B (RPi based) unit that receives ADS-B and MLAT signals from up to 200nm distance here. If my M2E Dual broadcast ADS-B, I could track it on my receiver. and other aircraft will see it as well. I imagine within a couple of years it will be mandatory equipment for all drones.

I believe the OP is referring to anticollision (vision) detection, not the ADS-receiver. Other (consumer) versions of the Mavic do this like my Mavic Pro (original version). While useful to some I always found the beeping a bit annoying,

I have the M2E Zoom...and while you get distances to obstacles there are no warning beeps coming from the mobile device....likely a ‘feature’ of the DJI Pilot App.

While ADS-B out would be nice to have many manned aircraft don’t have it now..and it will be 1 Jan 2020 before it is required for those aircraft - but only for operation in Class A, B and C airspace...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure