DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 enterprise dual gimbal is it the same size as the mavic 2 zoom?

CaptainBeans

Reactions
i recently got burned on ebay with a mavic 2 enterprise dual the seller claimed it was perfectly fine except for a gimbal stabilizer that needed to be replaced but the gimbal was broken and the motherboard had thermal paste smeared all over. I have 2 questions: 1) would the dual cameras fit in a mavic 2 zoom gimbal? Should I try to clean the thermal paste mess on the motherboard? I am afraid I would damage something.

Thanks

Reactions: Cafguy
heres what i got

Attachments

• broken gimbal.jpg
    broken gimbal.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 12
  • broken ribbon.jpg
    broken ribbon.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 12
  • camera connector thermal paste.jpg
    camera connector thermal paste.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 11
  • thermal paste mess.jpg
    thermal paste mess.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 12
Make sure to use a at least 91% isopropyl Alcohol to clean the paste use a small paper towel to clean the biggest mess and then use a q-tip with alcohol on it to clean around the processors just be careful and PATIENT and you will be fine.

is this about the Enterprise with Dual camera or the Enterprise with Zoom Camera. Can the Dual camera be swapped for the Zoom camera or vice versa? just to clarify

Last edited:
With regards to the thermal paste, do you have thermal paste of the correct sort to replace the displaced paste? The chips that DJI 'pasted' presumably need thermal paste.
I recollect there are differing kinds of thermal paste but you'd need to research that, I could be wrong.

I guess you posted a similar thread on the DJI forum, have you seen the reply the thread has received there?

Reactions: Cafguy
With some work This can be done when swapping from the zoom to the dual BUT I'm not sure about the thermal ( maybe heavier ) However I will say that if you have a Enterprise drone I would seriously consider letting DJI fix it. It is an Enterprise model after all, and you are playing with some expensive parts to replace if you mess something up. Cleaning the paste as described won't hurt a thing as long as there is no power to the board you are cleaning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas