DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 enterprise dual software

You misunderstood my post in regards to DJI Pilot app's Flight Mission. Yes, the DJI Pilot app is a stripped down version of DJI Go 4 app. However, I didn't mention about it for professional photography use cases. My point was that DJI Pilot app's Flight Mission can't compete with FlyLitchi's Mission Planning app. DJI really missed the mark and many M2E users are disappointed with the DJI Pilot app in general.

In regards to the M2E Dual FLIR (160x120), it is marginal for the white papers (use cases) DJI wrote. The majority of M2E Dual users are upset that DJI doesn't save radiometric data with its FLIR images, it's just a regular JPG image. So the M2E Dual's FLIR images are not compatible with FLIR's DroneSense or other thermal analysis tools. Kind of defeats the its purpose for industrial use.

It's not high enough quality for SAR or First Responders use. There was a recent news story where a M2E Dual was used by Fremont, CA PD to find a missing deaf teen using its FLIR. However, it is really an exception to the rule.

When lives are at stake, SAR and First Responders would need to upgrade to the to the Zenmuse XT2 supported platform to meet their performance requirements and use of FLIR's DroneSense app.

Which is why we're working on this. We've had a surprising number of people contact us ans say the M2ED won't cut it for their SAR needs. The next upgrade is the M210 and XT2 which is a vast price jump, so our Boson solution fits nicely in between. It's about 70% more expensive than M2ED but has 5x the detection distance and is still 1/3rd the price of an XT2 alone. Obviously still work in progress but we're getting there.

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_012353.jpg
    IMG_20190224_012353.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
You misunderstood my post in regards to DJI Pilot app's Flight Mission. Yes, the DJI Pilot app is a stripped down version of DJI Go 4 app. However, I didn't mention about it for professional photography use cases. My point was that DJI Pilot app's Flight Mission can't compete with FlyLitchi's Mission Planning app. DJI really missed the mark and many M2E users are disappointed with the DJI Pilot app in general.

In regards to the M2E Dual FLIR (160x120), it is marginal for the white papers (use cases) DJI wrote. The majority of M2E Dual users are upset that DJI doesn't save radiometric data with its FLIR images, it's just a regular JPG image. So the M2E Dual's FLIR images are not compatible with FLIR's DroneSense or other thermal analysis tools. Kind of defeats the its purpose for industrial use.

It's not high enough quality for SAR or First Responders use. There was a recent news story where a M2E Dual was used by Fremont, CA PD to find a missing deaf teen using its FLIR. However, it is really an exception to the rule.

When lives are at stake, SAR and First Responders would need to upgrade to the to the Zenmuse XT2 supported platform to meet their performance requirements and use of FLIR's DroneSense app.

Hi, I didn't misunderstood your post, you are clearly regretting not finding Go4 app features and honestly I had the same feeling at first. But thinking again about it, there is no need on this model for all bells and whistles provided by GO4. Frustrating? somehow yes when you're used to find more stuff with every new model, but screwing the pooch? not really, they defined clearly what it was meant for, an affordable inspection tool with thermal capabilities, even if it is not comparing by any stretch with the XT2 sensor. Thing is that the MSX trick has very honest results in the short range (100ft), Personally SAR is not my thing but it has been clearly announced that XT2's was great at higher/further distances and M2ED better when you need to go closer, thanks to its 360 sensors.

Not being able to analyse the FLIR picture is really a shame. I hope this will be possible in the future. However, at this level of price I am happy to provide visual evidence of thermal performance to the client in order to take action, but I am not after fully accurate numbers...

One word on history, the thing has been released mid Jan, there is not enough data yet to build history of fails and successes of the M2ED in the SAR department.

Regarding the DJI Pilot app, yes it is poor but again, somehow adapted to what this thing is made for: Inspections. for mapping and stuff I can still use dronedeploy which is compatible at least in the visible spectrum, not mentioning the many other apps becoming available.

It is definitely not a universal thing, the visible camera is basic (P3P level) The IR cam is very low res but MSX offers chargeable options to the client, and this is what I am after. I don't have the demand to justify a M210+ XT2 so it will be perfect for me.

Another thing that deserve to be mentioned is that it shoots at 30fps, which is an annoying limitation for the other half of the world that uses 25fps. Without going to details, mixing 30fps with 25fps is a problem, not mentioning the flickering in artificially lit scenes due to the 50hz vs 60Hz power frequency. First on my list would be to fix that.

Reactions: AgentMIB
Just some observations here having owned a Mavic Dual E. If you own a Mavic Dual Enterprise the latest Pilot app for iOS version 1.1 - this app can barely connect to the aircraft let alone fly it. There is NO way point programming which for drone of this level is pretty terrible.
So far as the actual ability of it - its all there but poorly implemented. The JPG resolution is terrible, there is no manual control of the camera settings - even for survey work this is important, I know its not a cinematic drone and i don't use it as such but i do need control over that camera.
I get numerous errors about firmware - cannot find any info online about latest versions and then i see a YouTube vid of a guy flying way point missions with his Dual???? I have no idea how unless that option is only open to Android users??? who knows. Anyway if any of you guys have any thoughts i would be very interested to hear them.

Hi, somehow as a filmmaker I share your frustration on the lack of control on the camera(you still have access to exposure on the wheel but I admit it doesn't tick all the boxes). I own the M2ED and the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that DJI has released a specific tool for a specific usage, turning off all the bells and whistles you have on the "generalist" models. Knowing that you pay twice the price of the other mavic2 Z or Pro, the pill is pretty hard to swallow. Personally I didn't expect this level of strip off but somehow that makes sense. You don't buy this drone as a polyvalent tool. You know straight away that the cam has no zoom, a small sensor, small optics, so the resolution will be ok but nothing exceptional. then you have the infrared quite basic, only good enough thanks to MSX. Stability in flight is as good as the other mavics, anti-collision works the same, so you can work in confidence and concentrate on the job rather than trying first to not crashing it! (Ever inspected as roof with an Inspire 1?)Regarding connecting to the app I don't have any problem with mine, and flying it as been the same experience as the other drones for me. About flying waypoints, it is probably through another app, dronedeploy, litchi or others. I read that GSpro is supporting M2 Enterprise so it's worth a try, options include POI and advanced flight features apparently. Not checked it myself though. Let's hope DJI will bring more options in the future, such as 25fps Pal for example (I am amazed you didn't mention it). Anyway, This M2ED is one of my 4 drones so if it is not the best at taking stills and video I use another one, but I am glad I can enhance my array of services to Thermal imaging, enabling another source of profit, without having to pay ££££ and more for an XT2+a pro platform to fly it. Even if it is not the same category, it is a new possibility offered to professional use of a drone and I am happy with that...

Hi, somehow as a filmmaker I share your frustration on the lack of control on the camera(you still have access to exposure on the wheel but I admit it doesn't tick all the boxes). I own the M2ED and the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that DJI has released a specific tool for a specific usage, turning off all the bells and whistles you have on the "generalist" models. Knowing that you pay twice the price of the other mavic2 Z or Pro, the pill is pretty hard to swallow. Personally I didn't expect this level of strip off but somehow that makes sense. You don't buy this drone as a polyvalent tool. You know straight away that the cam has no zoom, a small sensor, small optics, so the resolution will be ok but nothing exceptional. then you have the infrared quite basic, only good enough thanks to MSX. Stability in flight is as good as the other mavics, anti-collision works the same, so you can work in confidence and concentrate on the job rather than trying first to not crashing it! (Ever inspected as roof with an Inspire 1?)Regarding connecting to the app I don't have any problem with mine, and flying it as been the same experience as the other drones for me. About flying waypoints, it is probably through another app, dronedeploy, litchi or others. I read that GSpro is supporting M2 Enterprise so it's worth a try, options include POI and advanced flight features apparently. Not checked it myself though. Let's hope DJI will bring more options in the future, such as 25fps Pal for example (I am amazed you didn't mention it). Anyway, This M2ED is one of my 4 drones so if it is not the best at taking stills and video I use another one, but I am glad I can enhance my array of services to Thermal imaging, enabling another source of profit, without having to pay ££££ and more for an XT2+a pro platform to fly it. Even if it is not the same category, it is a new possibility offered to professional use of a drone and I am happy with that...

Yeah I do understand it’s for a specific use - I like you make films I have a project I am shooting for archeology and thermal is part of that deal.
I am not looking for 4k60 at 10 bit I’ll do that on an inspire or mp2pro.
But they have a camera that shoots 4K so why not images in Raw ? They know the Dual is being used for more than search and rescue - survey / inspections etc so waypoints is a must I would think .... then I see this vid
This guy is doing it in the DJI pilot app? But it appears only on Android ??? Why the tits would they do that and leave iOS users high and dry ??? Maybe I’m missing something here but the current app is garbage and the functionally even worse regardless of if it’s designed for one purpose or not .
I guess the MP2 is for shooting pretty images but you’d be pretty pissed if it only shot 1080p even though it has a 4k camera .

Yeah I do understand it’s for a specific use - I like you make films I have a project I am shooting for archeology and thermal is part of that deal.
I am not looking for 4k60 at 10 bit I’ll do that on an inspire or mp2pro.
But they have a camera that shoots 4K so why not images in Raw ? They know the Dual is being used for more than search and rescue - survey / inspections etc so waypoints is a must I would think .... then I see this vid
This guy is doing it in the DJI pilot app? But it appears only on Android ??? Why the tits would they do that and leave iOS users high and dry ??? Maybe I’m missing something here but the current app is garbage and the functionally even worse regardless of if it’s designed for one purpose or not .
I guess the MP2 is for shooting pretty images but you’d be pretty pissed if it only shot 1080p even though it has a 4k camera .
No clue... ! I should have a serious look at that. Thanks for the heads up.

Just curious of what kind of inspections your company would find the enterprise useful for? Thank you in advance.

Yeah I am wondering now if that is only available on Android - which would be equally crap given that nearly all dji products favour IOS ‍♂️[emoji849][emoji379]

Just curious of what kind of inspections your company would find the enterprise useful for? Thank you in advance.

Oh so I’m filming Factual documentary stuff mainly but currently working on an Archeology project so I’m using thermal image capture to find anomalies under ground
f9614063fc053d2516ee8b547e091ee4.jpg
here is an example of a thermal overlay showing a Bronze Age round house ( top right of the grey thermal area ) if you zoom in you can clearly see the thermal shadow cast and even post holes
fda260ebeeaf928ec76bcc80b4b55bfa.jpg
and two sheep [emoji23]

So you can also see why having mission waypoint control for this would help me out and it’s crap paying 3 grand for something that can buy won’t

So Mike the guy in the video has now confirmed he is using Android - so you can run missions on Android but not iOS - rubbish !!!

Which is why we're working on this. We've had a surprising number of people contact us ans say the M2ED won't cut it for their SAR needs. The next upgrade is the M210 and XT2 which is a vast price jump, so our Boson solution fits nicely in between. It's about 70% more expensive than M2ED but has 5x the detection distance and is still 1/3rd the price of an XT2 alone. Obviously still work in progress but we're getting there.
I agree, but as I stated on the official DJI forum, it's better to slip (delay) release a product to market than introduce one with many defects (bugs). If I had $10-15k, I could choose the Zenmuse XT2, since it is compatible with FLIR's DroneSense software and provides radiographic images that are compatible with FLIR's software tools.

Before purchasing the M2E dual, I read the specs and believed it within high-end price range for hobbyists or enthusiasts. I understand it does not have the features or specs required to meet SAR, LEO and other First Responders. What I've determined by many of the M2E users is that the DJI Pilot app is unreliable. As I stated in the DJI forum, if NASA or Boeing release products using DJI's Quality Control (QC) standards, we'd have spacecraft and airplanes raining debris over the Earth.

It's much better to delay production release by a month or two instead of selling them and relying on end users to perform alpha or beta testing of a product. It presents a liability risk for both the operator and manufacturer if they were negligent.

Just my 2 cents from a former Engineering Director at a Fortune 500 company (INTC), who also happens to now manufacture drones.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the users are complaining more about the DJI Pilot app, not the M2E Dual. Thankfully, FlyLitchi's app is the best tool for mission planning IMHO. In addition, I observed it records both IR and Visible camera videos. It requires a couple of extra steps to accomplish this, but I was pleasantly surprised at this undocumented feature.

Last edited:
I agree, but as I stated on the official DJI forum, it's better to slip (delay) release a product to market than introduce one with many defects (bugs). If I had $10-15k, I could choose the Zenmuse XT2, since it is compatible with FLIR's DroneSense software and provides radiographic images that are compatible with FLIR's software tools.

Before purchasing the M2E dual, I read the specs and believed it within high-end price range for hobbyists or enthusiasts. I understand it does not have the features or specs required to meet SAR, LEO and other First Responders. What I've determined by many of the M2E users is that the DJI Pilot app is unreliable. As I stated in the DJI forum, if NASA or Boeing release products using DJI's Quality Control (QC) standards, we'd have spacecraft and airplanes raining debris over the Earth.

It's much better to delay production release by a month or two instead of selling them and relying on end users to perform alpha or beta testing of a product. It presents a liability risk for both the operator and manufacturer if they were negligent.

Just my 2 cents from a former Engineering Director at a Fortune 500 company (INTC), who also happens to now manufacture drones.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the users are complaining more about the DJI Pilot app, not the M2E Dual. Thankfully, FlyLitchi's app is the best tool for mission planning IMHO. In addition, I observed it records both IR and Visible camera videos. It requires a couple of extra steps to accomplish this, but I was pleasantly surprised at this undocumented feature.
I agree.

The problem is that DJI is a massive Chinese company who dominates their market. At the moment they can get away with anything and they know this. Whilst their products are generally well designed and market leading, they are really only focussed on churning out as many of the things in as little time as possible.

I have some rather shocking stories about the service they provide to dealers (or lack thereof).

The main thing DJI needs to realise is that their enterprise customers are the ones who need the best support possible. But because they sell fewer wnterprise than consumer products, fewer resources are put aside for development, updates and support.

Reactions: @seb_pex
Hi Folks, I see that this thread is old already, but maybe someone is watching. I do not recall where I saw it, but some said that the radiometric data is stored in a separate file. The pictures are in regular jpeg. But the data is in a companion file, which I believe is time stamped so that you can link them together. I have a M2EDual on order. So I will explore that myself when it arrives.

To Seb_Pex, Can you use the Litchi application? Do they make it for iOS. I hear that it has waypoint capability.

Hi Folks, I see that this thread is old already, but maybe someone is watching. I do not recall where I saw it, but some said that the radiometric data is stored in a separate file. The pictures are in regular jpeg. But the data is in a companion file, which I believe is time stamped so that you can link them together. I have a M2EDual on order. So I will explore that myself when it arrives.

Hi there don’t worry, it is an ongoing thread. So I’ll take a look this weekend for you - I’m still learning the system myself not least because the software front end is shite still!

Hi there don’t worry, it is an ongoing thread. So I’ll take a look this weekend for you - I’m still learning the system myself not least because the software front end is shite still!

It goes to show how little info is out there still - we are the beta testers

But the data is in a companion file

On my M2ED, there are no additional files which contain radiometric information. Just simple, flat .JPG.

The only 'additional' files are the ones when you turn ON caption in the video settings. Then there are .SRT (subtitle) files associated to a video file. But there is also no radiometric data stored in these .SRT files.

There exist more subdirectories on the SD card or internal storage, but none have radiometric data or appear to have those infos in it.

Reactions: @seb_pex
Hi Guys, I see dji pilot v1.2 supports flight planning and is available on google drive for Android, any idea when v1.2 is coming out on Apple Istore?

Hi Guys, I see dji pilot v1.2 supports flight planning and is available on google drive for Android, any idea when v1.2 is coming out on Apple Istore?

If only ... if you’re iOS with an MPDE basically you have a 3k drone that doesn’t quite work . Litchi kinda works better but you don’t have any thermal controls but you can way point .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929