DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 ESC board description

Sandpiper270

Reactions
I have been trying to determine how the Mavic 2 ESC board operates. A good beginning point is the very good description of the ESC board for the Phantom 2 by na5n. From what I have been able to determine so far, the Mavic 2 board circuitry is similar, especially on the motor and LED control area. Here are a couple of differences that I am aware of.

1. The Mavic 2 ESC board has all 4 leg motor controllers on one board. Looking at the board, you can see 4 the four different sections of the board that repeat, one section for each controller.

2. The Mavic 2 ESC board has all 4 LED controllers on the board. Two of these are on the component side of the board, and two are on the battery connector side.

3. The motor drive circuitry is similar to what na5n described, but with updated components. Where the Phantom 2 used different MOSFETs for the motor connection to the two rails, the Mavic 2 uses the same component, a 7455 MOSFET. They are still individual parts, so there are 2 per phase, and 3 phases, for a total of 6 per motor.

4. The drive for the 7544 is not in two parts as before, but apparently integrated into one chip, marked CUJ. There is one of these for each phase, so 3 per motor.

5. The LED drivers are a single IC per leg, with separate outputs to control the red and green LEDs. So there are 4 of these total. The chip is very small, marked H10, and has 6 pins. Between the output pin of this chip and the solder lead pad there is a 33 ohm resistor. I don't know if this is the only ballast resistor, there could be another on the other side of the LED that I have not found.

6. The ESC board contains a DC-DC converter, it is located near one end of the battery connector. It uses a 54335A 4.5-V to 28-V Input, 3-A Output,Synchronous Step-Down DC-DC Converter.

7 The board uses two large ICs that I assume are the 'brains' for the control, and it appears there is one for the left side and one for the right side. These are marked DJI ESC3000.

I have been trying to determine how the Mavic 2 ESC board operates. A good beginning point is the very good description of the ESC board for the Phantom 2 by na5n. From what I have been able to determine so far, the Mavic 2 board circuitry is similar, especially on the motor and LED control area. Here are a couple of differences that I am aware of.

2. The Mavic 2 ESC board has all 4 LED controllers on the board. Two of these are on the component side of the board, and two are on the battery connector side.

5. The LED drivers are a single IC per leg, with separate outputs to control the red and green LEDs. So there are 4 of these total. The chip is very small, marked H10, and has 6 pins. Between the output pin of this chip and the solder lead pad there is a 33 ohm resistor. I don't know if this is the only ballast resistor, there could be another on the other side of the LED that I have not found.

I have been looking at the rear arm LED driver circuit. I see that in the arm itself, there are three LEDs, and each is capable of emitting red and green light. The gray wire is common to both colors and all three LEDs. The black wire connects to the red LED, and the white wire connects to the green LED. These LEDs are on a very small circuit board that also contains two very small components. I can't read any writing on them, and have not been able to determine what they are.

The LED driver chip is the same one that na5n describes for the Phantom. It is a PUMH10, and is marked H10. The LEDs are connected in parallel, not series, and can be lit with a Fluke 289 DMM set to 500 ohm range. With the LEDs in parallel, the driving voltage needs to be lower. I measured it at 3.59 v from the gray wire side (+ side) of the LEDs to battery negative.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929