DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Fly More Kit worth it?

I initially tossed the Fly-more case into the closet. Too small and not protective enough. But then I decided to take the drone on a snowy hike to a pond for some fun flying. I managed to get the drone with battery, two extra batteries, the Smart Controller, extra props and led lights into the fly-more case. Then the rather compact case fit nicely into my day pack for hiking. I figured that this was sufficient protection in case I slipped and fell on the icy snow. It worked really well. As a case by itself, I was not happy but this arrangement worked well.

Reactions: katarian
Thank you all for all your advice and inputs.
I think I have decided on getting the fly more kit and stick with the official accessories for now.
I will probably end up selling the bag that comes with the kit though. I have a nice camera bag that will fit the drone and the other accessories in it rather well. Plus, it's easier to carry all my camera equipments in just one bag, on my back while hiking/traveling

Hello everyone,
I'm interested in knowing if a fly more kit is worth the price or not? I have a camera backpack so no need for the bag provided with the flymore kit.
I do want to get additional 2 batteries, and have a way to charge all the batteries together. So the hub and the car charger are important.
But I do see you can buy these from other manufacturers as well.
And the additional props are needed too.

So what do you guys suggest? What's the best route to take?

Thank you in advance :)

All in all, I think the FlyMore kit is well worth it. The additional props can come in handy as replacements in the event of a propstrike. So are the additional batteries. The charging station is a convenient little design, though I wish it would charge all four batteries connected to it simultaneously. What's really nice is the carry case which comes with the kit. Very high quality and can pack a lot of gear. I found I could carry the drone with a battery on it, two spare batteries, the controller, the charging station and all the cables plus an tablet mount for the controller and 3 sets of propellers!

Screenshot_20190507-160118_Outlook.jpg

Thank you everyone for all the help, I ordered the drone today and the fly more kit through Amazon.

View attachment 71795

Thank you everyone for all the help, I ordered the drone today and the fly more kit through Amazon.
Great bird! Congrats!
BTW, I was gonna get rid of the flymore case at first... glad I kept it. It stays in base camp and holds all my extra props, car charge, etc so I can find them easily.

Great bird! Congrats!
BTW, I was gonna get rid of the flymore case at first... glad I kept it. It stays in base camp and holds all my extra props, car charge, etc so I can find them easily.
Thank you!
I have a camera bag that will fit all of those things no trouble. So probably just going to sell the bag that comes with the fly more kit

Have you personally tried any of these wall and car chargers? Orv anyone here?
Yes i have the rcgeeks blue 3 in 1 ...its awesome and actually fully charges batteries to 17.6v unlike stock charger ....i timed 3 batteries 2 were at 20% and 1 at 15% took 52minutes....the unit is quiet for putting that much power out...u can hear the fan but its not noisy...all in all i think its a great buy. I have about 50 cycles on the unit. Also came grounded, and has all the safety features stock charger has. Makes stock wall charger feel like a slug...dont use it anymore. I simply get more flying time.

Yes i have the rcgeeks blue 3 in 1 ...its awesome and actually fully charges batteries to 17.6v unlike stock charger ....i timed 3 batteries 2 were at 20% and 1 at 15% took 52minutes....the unit is quiet for putting that much power out...u can hear the fan but its not noisy...all in all i think its a great buy. I have about 50 cycles on the unit. Also came grounded, and has all the safety features stock charger has. Makes stock wall charger feel like a slug...dont use it anymore. I simply get more flying time.
Thank you for your personal experience.
At this moment I have already purchased the fly more kit, but I'll switch the charger in a near future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle