DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 fly more vs enterprise

Thanev

Reactions
From what I have read,the only difference between the two fly more kits is that the Enterprise has 2 SELF HEATING batteries.
Do batteries not generate heat while they are being used?

They do generate heat when charging and discharging, mostly due to internal resistance. However, since lithium batteries have fairly low internal resistance, (which is why they can charge and discharge so quickly compared to a lead acid etc.) the heat won't make up for extreme cold.

They generate heat while running as well. Last week I was in subfreezing temps (not extreme, but below 32F) and got the warning about battery temps when I fired it up. I found that if I launched the craft, then hovered (flew up and down the trail a bit) for 3-4 minutes, it warmed up to the point where the message went away.

You can monitor the temps on the battery screen in DJI Go 4 to see the temps rise as it sits there powering the props.

EDIT: in my "hover until warm enough" scenario, I did not go high or far and always kept the battery health screen up on DJI Go to monitor the cells. Definitely, do not FLY to warm the craft up.

That all uses juice, but so do dedicated electronic battery warmers. I have one for my old Phantom that you plug a battery into to warm up, but it used juice from the battery to do it.

Last year I was out in the winter desert and had that problem. I found that leaving the batteries on the dash of the car, because the sun was shining (even though it was freezing) did the trick.

Chris

I always keep the batteries warm in an insulated bag with a small handwarmer wrapped in a towel when I am out getting ready to fly.The fact they generate heat while being run is the same as my rc plane lipos,which I fly to about -15 C with no problem.I seldom fly past neg.15C.
So advantages for the additional cost between reg. and enterprise are nil for my flying.Thank you for your replies!

Reactions: JerryM
I always keep the batteries warm in an insulated bag with a small handwarmer wrapped in a towel when I am out getting ready to fly.The fact they generate heat while being run is the same as my rc plane lipos,which I fly to about -15 C with no problem.I seldom fly past neg.15C.
So advantages for the additional cost between reg. and enterprise are nil for my flying.Thank you for your replies!
Have used that technique with my Xiaomi MI 4k, it doesn't like the cold at all.

From what I have read,the only difference between the two fly more kits is that the Enterprise has 2 SELF HEATING batteries.
Do batteries not generate heat while they are being used?
The Enterprise Fly More Kit's bag is about 50% larger than the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit's bag; I have both kits.

You've cited the difference regarding the self heating batteries that facilitate flying in temps as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit.

I bought my Enterprise kit as a returned item from B and H for $340 shipped, so the cost difference was essentially nonexistent. (If you get B and H's Payboo credit card, they absorb the tax.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121