DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 for 2D land mapping

FlyingPyro

Reactions
Given that the phantom series can no longer be purchased, I am look at a mavic to do land mapping. Mostly large acreages - 150 acres+ - and open areas to look at vegetation classifications. I had my hands on a Yuneec with the CGO-ET and was able to produce a map that would meet the needs but was limited by the flight range. I am wondering if the mavic 2 (any model) will be able to produce a similar quality map? I know the limitations of the rolling shutter but it is what I can afford at my price point. I need thoughts and suggestions please... Attached photo is the map created with the Yuneec.

Attachments

• 17N Stitch-min.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 21
Given that the phantom series can no longer be purchased, I am look at a mavic to do land mapping. Mostly large acreages - 150 acres+ - and open areas to look at vegetation classifications. I had my hands on a Yuneec with the CGO-ET and was able to produce a map that would meet the needs but was limited by the flight range. I am wondering if the mavic 2 (any model) will be able to produce a similar quality map? I know the limitations of the rolling shutter but it is what I can afford at my price point. I need thoughts and suggestions please... Attached photo is the map created with the Yuneec.
Yes and much better. The rolling shutter isn’t a big deal for these types of photos.i use an app called Pix4DCapture. You can make 2D s d 3D maps 75152

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab