DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Landing

Enorats

Reactions
The mavic 2, when I try to land, stops several feet above the ground and refuses to go any lower without holding down the stick all the way.. at which point it more or less lands automatically.

Is there any way to disable this, and allow me to land manually? My old P3A used to hover at any height I wanted, and I could bring it in and land it with complete control until touchdown.

This is kind of a big deal for me, as I use a foam archery target laid on it's side as a launch/landing site. It's a bit larger than the drone (roughly 2x), but the automated systems get really confused by the difference in elevation it causes, and I really dislike having control taken from me at such a critical moment.

I've been launching with this so far, and have been forced to hand catch it to land as a result. This is no easy task either, as the drone absolutely freaks out when you grab it. You have to come in from the front side and avoid both the front and bottom sensors, or it goes nuts and tries to rip itself out of your hands.

The mavic 2, when I try to land, stops several feet above the ground and refuses to go any lower without holding down the stick all the way.. at which point it more or less lands automatically.

Is there any way to disable this, and allow me to land manually?

Turn off "Landing Protection" in your settings.

014021mkdpd94p4rn9a4vx.jpg

The hand catching will also be a lot easier and safer with Landing Protection off.

I haven't seen precision landing as being an option. It still lands about four feet from the take off point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d