DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Maintenance

emufriedchicken

Reactions
Now that the Mavic 2 has been out for sometime there must be some out there that have quite considerable hours logged on them.

Just sort of getting a feel for what is the common things to watch out for as they age. Is there a pattern forming yet or are most things that need attention still very random.

Even include your accessories for the drone if you wish if they have developed faults over time too.

Also include stuff like props and what you have seen or to look for. Share your experiences and info!!!

Cheers from OZ

According to Airdata I only have 23h 52m 25s flying but I had the original mavic and other than the blades getting dinged up then replaced and me blowing off the dust with keyboard cleaner. I never really had an issue with anything other than the original DJI USB cables. Sold it on eBay. Assume it is still flying.

Batteries and blades should be your focal point IMO. Don't keep a charge on them if you are not using them replace the blades if it has any significant issue or you even think it might have an issue.

Reactions: emufriedchicken
Have had the Mavic 2 Pro since late August of last year. According to Airdata I have 4,278 miles in 1099 flights and 331 hours of flight time. The only things I have replaced are the batteries (I use a 4 battery rotation and am on my second set). Props look as good as new as does the rest of the bird. It doesn't have time for any dust to build up, but I do have to wipe off various bug parts every week or so. Haven't had any mechanical/electrical issues at all.

Last edited:
seems like batteries and blades should be classed as consumables. Is there anything you look for on the blades e.g cracking or wear marks or is it just time based that you decide to replace these? Also with the batteries what issues did you encounter that made you replace your original batteries e.g ability to hold charge or even charge at all. Seems like the airframe is robust as I havent heard of any fractures or cracking happening

My blades show no signs of wear. No cracks, still flexible, they have a smooth, sharp leading edge, and the hubs and locks show no noticeable wear. I have a spare set and I can't tell the difference.

Three of the last four batteries I retired had over 250 charges each. The fully charged mAh had gone from the original 3850 mAh to around 3300 -3400 mAh and voltage deviations between the cells were increasing. This resulted in a reduction in flight time of about 5-7 minutes. The fourth battery had only about 150 charges on it, but I noticed after a flight it was slightly swelled (I could rock it back and forth laying flat on a table). The swelling went down after the battery cooled, but I chucked it anyway.

Airframe looks like it just came out of the box.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and observations.

Do the motors have any sort of issues are they bullet proof like most of the rest of the aircraft. Any noises or looseness to keep an eye out for?

Thanks for sharing your experiences and observations.

Do the motors have any sort of issues are they bullet proof like most of the rest of the aircraft. Any noises or looseness to keep an eye out for?
Don't really know much about visual motor wear symptoms, but they are all still equally warm to the touch after a flight. I think the motors are about as close to bullet proof as they can get.

I've been flying 200hrs with all original parts. They seems solid material. Planned to replace battery after 200 CC.
Now that the Mavic 2 has been out for sometime there must be some out there that have quite considerable hours logged on them.

Just sort of getting a feel for what is the common things to watch out for as they age. Is there a pattern forming yet or are most things that need attention still very random.

Even include your accessories for the drone if you wish if they have developed faults over time too.

Also include stuff like props and what you have seen or to look for. Share your experiences and info!!!

Cheers from OZ

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman