DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro app connection

Ceebee1

Reactions
Hey mavicpilots,

New user here hoping to get some help since i can't find anything on the DJI website

Twice now I've driven out before sunrise to get a specific photo, and both times the app will not connect to the remote/drone .

After the first time, I went home, uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, etc and finally it worked again. So I drove out the following morning and again, it won't connect. How frustrating!

So I'm not sure what the issue is.

All of my firmware is up to date .

My phone is the Galaxy S7

The original cable that came with the mavic seems to be connecting because my phone charges just fine.

I've also tried another cable just to be sure.

I can even sometimes see the "RC Connected" logo on the bottom left in the app, but "GO FLY" never appears.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm at my wit's end after this $1500 purchase.

By the way I never had this issue with the original Mavic Pro

edit: UPDATE: So... I went back home.. plugged it in, and it works again. I can't imagine LOCATION is affecting the connection. I've flown my old mavic in the highlands of Iceland without issue... there's no way driving down the street from my house is causing it not to connect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty086
Hey mavicpilots,

New user here hoping to get some help since i can't find anything on the DJI website

Twice now I've driven out before sunrise to get a specific photo, and both times the app will not connect to the remote/drone .

After the first time, I went home, uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, etc and finally it worked again. So I drove out the following morning and again, it won't connect. How frustrating!

The original cable that came with the mavic seems to be connecting because my phone charges just fine.

I can even sometimes see the "RC Connected" logo on the bottom left in the app, but "GO FLY" never appears.

Try enable USB debug mode under 'Developer options' on your phone

Reactions: Ceebee1
Hey mavicpilots,

edit: UPDATE: So... I went back home.. plugged it in, and it works again. I can't imagine LOCATION is affecting the connection. I've flown my old mavic in the highlands of Iceland without issue... there's no way driving down the street from my house is causing it not to connect.
I have a galaxy Tab S2, the only way to get that to connect is by power off the S2. Connect remote via the bottom usb, switch remote on, switch S2 on, switch drone on, 99% of the time it then all works fine.

Best of luck.

I have a galaxy Tab S2, the only way to get that to connect is by power off the S2. Connect remote via the bottom usb, switch remote on, switch S2 on, switch drone on, 99% of the time it then all works fine.

Best of luck.
Interesting...

I'll give this a try when I wake up at the crack of dawn AGAIN tomorrow....

...The original cable that came with the mavic seems to be connecting because my phone charges just fine...
The original DJI cable has gotten a reputation of being low quality. It may show charging but the data circuit may not be working as well as it should. Try using the USB data cable that came with your phone.
...I've also tried another cable just to be sure...
Make sure the DJI cable is unplugged from the side of the RC when using a cable plugged into the center USB port.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857