DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro, at night....awesome images

KirkVoclain

Reactions
I got hired to photograph a bunch of resorts in Mexico and several looked better at night than they did in the daytime...so, the Mavic 2 Pro really came in handy!

Kirk

Attachments

• Property_01.jpg
    Property_01.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 822
I got hired to photograph a bunch of resorts in Mexico and several looked better at night than they did in the daytime...so, the Mavic 2 Pro really came in handy!

Kirk
Wow, great shot and not too noisy at all. Was pondering my next drone ( gave my original mavic away). Between the new air2 and MP2 was leaning Air2 but that shot makes me wonder if all the hype of the Air is worth jumping from a full size MP2

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Thank you! I purchased the MP2 only because my daughter started showing interest. I have an Inspire 2 with the X7 camera and it does a fantastic job. But right after I got the MP2 for my daughter, I got this job in Mexico......hauling the X2 and camera and all the batteries, etc was just too much of a job. So I took a chance and stuffed the MP2 in my camera bag and went do the job.

I am so happy I did, it really did a great job!!!!

Kirk

That is a superb shot Kirk and I'd like to see some of your other shots from other properties, as I'm sure others would too. Just to keep things correct though, it is the M2P that you are speaking of right, not something called MP2. With all the different models DJI seem to be coming out with, in the future they may come out with something called a MP2.

When you compare it to the Inspire 2, looking back at other jobs you did with the Inspire, were some of them something that the M2P could have done? Or would the difference in quality have stood out to show that you would have needed to use the Inspire 2? I've often wondered for many jobs, if that added quality of a superior camera would make that much difference for the end product of some jobs, or would a lesser camera and drone work.

That is a superb shot Kirk and I'd like to see some of your other shots from other properties, as I'm sure others would too. Just to keep things correct though, it is the M2P that you are speaking of right, not something called MP2. With all the different models DJI seem to be coming out with, in the future they may come out with something called a MP2.

When you compare it to the Inspire 2, looking back at other jobs you did with the Inspire, were some of them something that the M2P could have done? Or would the difference in quality have stood out to show that you would have needed to use the Inspire 2? I've often wondered for many jobs, if that added quality of a superior camera would make that much difference for the end product of some jobs, or would a lesser camera and drone work.

Yes...you are correct, M2P....I get all those DJI numbers all messed up....Mavic 2 Pro....hahha!!!

This job for the Resorts was strictly for WEB USE.......they assured me they would NOT need prints at all!!! This is when the Inspire 2 comes into play. If you are making PRINTS......and being I'm a photographer, sometimes that is the case, and I'm supper happy I have an Inspire 2 with X7 Camera. But for things that are ONLY going to be used on the Internet.....the M2P is a very good camera.

Kirk

Great photo Kirk! What settings did you have the camera on?
The secret to this kind of image is as follows:

1. Shoot in RAW mode.
2. Did I mention shoot in RAW MODE??? IF I did not mention it, shoot in RAW!
3. OH, also shoot in RAW mode.
4. Set your camera to Bracket and take 5 different exposures.
5. Because of all of the above, my camera was set in aperture priority and I do not remember the f stop, but it was probably 5.6

Kirk

Thanks Fred.

Kirk
That is a truly awesome shot (or shots).I wonder if you shot it in RAW?? :p
Seriously though, how much training and experience does it take to process a shot like that? Did you use Lightroom? I would love to be able to do that.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I've been able to get a sharp image with the M2P at 4.0 sec exposure. It's absolutely absurd. Most will miss at that speed and have shake but to get a usable image is insane.

View attachment 105367
Agreed it is crazy.When trying that I use burst but retake it a couple times with burst too.Imagine if the camera had sensor stabilization like Olympus+others.

Reactions: Mykie and Physopto
Hi Kirk-Is there a reason you would stop down the aperture as far as F/8.I thought F/4 or 4.5 was about the sharpest.
I had the same question. The shot is great, but also wondering why not a wider aperture. I should most of the time in the day at 4 or 4.5 because its the shapest. I come from using an SLR so I came into flying drones not wanting to go that wide but know I do after learning its actually sharper.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters