DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Crash gimbal motor overload error

lemonscented_ibex

Reactions
Hey everyone,

After a fairly large crash my mavic 2 suffered some damage to the gimbal assembly. After this the gimbal would not respond nor calibrate. Upon teardown and inspection I found that the roll arm bracket was bent and a damper on the gimbal plate was broken. I replaced these two parts and the gimbal responds, calibrates and flys well! .... Except I am now getting the gimbal motor overload error when flying sideways fast in either position or sport mode. The gimbal simply flops to about a 45 degree roll/yaw angle and I get the error. I have updated/downgraded firmware on both the remote and drone. Do you guys think this is most likely the yaw arm/ motor assembly? Seeking advice before I go and purchase the 40 dollar component and it be something easier than that.

Thanks!

What did you end up doing for this? I'm working with a m2z after a crash and while there are no signs of damage to the gimbal that I can determine without a full teardown but I'm getting gimbal motor overload errors every time I start it up.

I replaced the stabilizer board (one of the posts broke) but am still getting the errors. It is easy to take apart the gimbal to check the dampers, etc.? Heat gun and exacto knife? You have any links to those components?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent