DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro crash, gimbal problems

gapitfpv

Reactions
Hey all.

So I crashed the mavic 2 pro. Seems functional, but having some issues with the gimbal:

Power up, gimbal goes through it's calibration dance, then sits at about 45º crooked on the roll axis. DJI app says 'gimbal motor overload error'. I still have image, and the gimbal is still getting power (does the calibration dance). I took the gimbal off and checked for damage with nothing apparent, all axes are smooth with no apparent crunchiness etc. Ribbon cable seems to be fine, I pulled both ends, inspected, re-seated (i've bought a spare to see if that fixes it), and no dice. I've also tried to recalibrate the IMU and gimbal in the app. IMU calibrated fine, gimbal gets stuck at '10%' in calibration and just sits there.

I'd love for the fix to not involve buying a new gimbal (jesus they're expensive), but I'm assuming that's the fix. My hope is that someone here will have had the same issue and there's some magic fix that I've not thought of or been able to find online.

Thanks in advance!

Hey all.

So I crashed the mavic 2 pro. Seems functional, but having some issues with the gimbal:

Power up, gimbal goes through it's calibration dance, then sits at about 45º crooked on the roll axis. DJI app says 'gimbal motor overload error'. I still have image, and the gimbal is still getting power (does the calibration dance). I took the gimbal off and checked for damage with nothing apparent, all axes are smooth with no apparent crunchiness etc. Ribbon cable seems to be fine, I pulled both ends, inspected, re-seated (i've bought a spare to see if that fixes it), and no dice. I've also tried to recalibrate the IMU and gimbal in the app. IMU calibrated fine, gimbal gets stuck at '10%' in calibration and just sits there.

I'd love for the fix to not involve buying a new gimbal (jesus they're expensive), but I'm assuming that's the fix. My hope is that someone here will have had the same issue and there's some magic fix that I've not thought of or been able to find online.

Thanks in advance!
Care to elaborate how you crashed it?

Reactions: Mavic_Warrior
Sure. Was using pix4d mapper to fly a mission for photogrammetry, veered of course, hit a tree, fell 50’ into packed brush.
Is Pix4d the name of the software?
Is it like waypoints? How could it veer off?

Is Pix4d the name of the software?
Is it like waypoints? How could it veer off?

Yes it’s waypoints. Not sure how it veered off, won’t be using that software anymore.

I’m more concerned about others that may have had the same experience with the gimbal and found a way to fix it that didn’t involve replacing the whole thing.

Hey all.

Thanks in advance!
hey why not send in for a free inspection?

You only pay if we fix

Oh be sure to mention coupon "mavicpilots" in the how you heard about us for $35 off the repair

Reactions: dirkclod
Did you ever get your gimbal repaired? I had a similar problem and all the others wanted to replace the whole camera and gimbal when I sent it off to be checked. Then I luckily found a guy that has a business doing repairs. He fixed mine. If you need the info get in touch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman