DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Display Upgrade Options ?

Tim3459575

Reactions
Hi, I’m currently using and iPhone 10XS. With this setup I’m having trouble composing the scene as well as keeping track of the map because the image is just too small. So I’m thinking of upgrading to a larger display such as iPad mini or other. As such I’m curious to know comments or suggestions on this topic.

Thank you,
Tim

I've been using an iPad Air 2 since my days with a Phantom.

I use one with the Mavic 2 Pro standard controller using a MavMount 3.

I also shade it from the sun with a sun hood like this one.

Warning: it spoils you. If you ever have to switch for the phone really quick (keep your iPad charged up!), you will be unhappy with how small it is compared to the tablet.

Chris

I've been using an iPad Air 2 since my days with a Phantom.

I use one with the Mavic 2 Pro standard controller using a MavMount 3.

I also shade it from the sun with a sun hood like this one.

Warning: it spoils you. If you ever have to switch for the phone really quick (keep your iPad charged up!), you will be unhappy with how small it is compared to the tablet.

Chris

Thanks for the input Chris, some extra weight but I’m sure I’d get used to it. I have a 12.9” iPad pro, but I think that would be too bulky

Thanks for the input Chris, some extra weight but I’m sure I’d get used to it. I have a 12.9” iPad pro, but I think that would be too bulky

I run a iPad Pro 9.7" and found it to be just about right, I came off a Mini which was okay, but the 9.7" "Spoils" me :)

Reactions: Tim3459575
I use an iPad pro and find its great. Captain Drone on youtube just did a great review on a Android tablet that looks fantastic. Way brighter than the iPads.

I have an iPad Mini 5 and try to find a shaded area to fly from. Works very well.

If you’re thinking about getting a better and brighter screen than go for the smart controller !!! Do your homework and watch some YouTube videos and reviews... it can’t be beat ! The only problem I have had with it is that the updates are tricky!! Screen brightness is comparable to crystal sky but having it all in one controller rather than mounts and cables is much easier/faster !

Reactions: SCCooper
Depends on your budget, if you cant afford a smart controller then you have to look at affordable bright as possible iPads. If you want the best of all worlds then get the S.C. and then go one step better, like I did. Get yourself an even brighter screen to go with it so you can use that JUST for the camera view.

There is a fantastic daylight viewing 7 inch screen called "Feelworld" but bear in mind that company makes a range of monitors. You want to go for the 7 series, I think the 729 maybe, I'd have to look, but what ever thenumber is is a 7 something and you need to be sure it is the 2,200 NITS screen version. This connects to the S.C. via an HDMI cable too.

This screen is the brightest out there and you can order them new, or used to be able to, from B&H for about $325. They take a simple cheap readily available cannon battery which you can but for a few dollars with a charger on ebay. This screen at 2,200NITS is brighter than the smart controller, brighter than the very expensive and heavy Crytal Sky and even brighter than the Super Bright version of the Crystal Sky.

I bought my screen off ebay as an open box for $275 and bought a mount from another guy on ebay for $44. Yes the smart controller is very bright and perfectly fine in many situations, but if you want the best of all worlds and have the budget, then do what I have done and a few others have also done on this forum and get this set up, you will not regret that large and bright screen. Not too large to be a bother but brighter than anything out there.

Reactions: Tim3459575
Correction on my last post. I bought my Feelworld 7 inch 2,200nit monitor on ebay for $175. (Not $275) and the B&H Price is I believe $235 (Not $325).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR