DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro DJI GO4 limitations CS?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I am looking to upgrade from my MPP to an M2P at the end of this month. I have been reading the M2P manual and noticed these release notes.
Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Release Notes Mavic 2 - See the Bigger Picture - DJI Copyright © 2018 DJI All Rights Reserved. 1 Date: 2019.09.16 Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0510 DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.24 DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.24
What’s New?
Added battery mounting detection. Aircraft is unable to take off if the Intelligent Flight Battery is not mounted correctly. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
Added altitude display to video captions.
Optimized auto discharging function for the Intelligent Flight Battery. Added ability to set when auto discharge will begin. The default setting is five days. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
Improved obstacle detection accuracy.
Improved accuracy of altitude for Exif photos.
Optimized Waypoints.

I am using a CS Ultra which obviously only has Android up to 4.3.16 but the release notes say minimum 4.3.24.
In real terms does this cause any significant limitations to the M2P?
My main concern was that I want to use waypoints.
I know about Litchi but at this stage I don't want to change to it.

Unfortunately you'll be limited to what functions are available in DJI Go4 version 4.3.16

Reactions: Thomas B
4.3.24 the DJI GO 4 app version (4.3.36 is actually the latest), not the Android OS version.
I see, but assuming dji are not going to upgrade the Crysalsky firmware to go beyond 4.3.16 and that I am unlikely to move any higher than a Mavic 2 for some time (that is why I recently bougth the CSU) are we losing out much with regards to smart modes and waypoints?
Unfortunately you'll be limited to what functions are available in DJI Go4 version 4.3.16
Yes I understand what you say, but, as I currently have an MPP I fully intend to upgrade to an M2P in a couple of weeks due to the photographic limitations of the MPP. I purchased the CSU with upgrading to the M2P in mind and checked with folk on this forum if it worked. I understand that the 4.3.16 patch enabled the M2P. All I am trying to establish is if the 4.3.16 Go4 app installed on my CSU will give me the full functionality with my intended M2P using waypoints that I would get if I used my ipad 4 mini with the 4.3.36. The reason I ask is simply that I saw the release notes for 4.3.24 and it said "optimized waypoints"... I was interested to know what it meant and whether it was a significant change to the 4.3.16 we are currently stuck with...

I see, but assuming dji are not going to upgrade the Crysalsky firmware to go beyond 4.3.16 and that I am unlikely to move any higher than a Mavic 2 for some time (that is why I recently bougth the CSU) are we losing out much with regards to smart modes and waypoints?

Yes I understand what you say, but, as I currently have an MPP I fully intend to upgrade to an M2P in a couple of weeks due to the photographic limitations of the MPP. I purchased the CSU with upgrading to the M2P in mind and checked with folk on this forum if it worked. I understand that the 4.3.16 patch enabled the M2P. All I am trying to establish is if the 4.3.16 Go4 app installed on my CSU will give me the full functionality with my intended M2P using waypoints that I would get if I used my ipad 4 mini with the 4.3.36. The reason I ask is simply that I saw the release notes for 4.3.24 and it said "optimized waypoints"... I was interested to know what it meant and whether it was a significant change to the 4.3.16 we are currently stuck with...
Ah I think I may have missed something here. I watched a video where the guy said that the Crystalsky Go4 app doesn't use the same version as an Android does. That may explain a lot. I would still like to know if the M2P still has the full waypoint functionality using the Go4 on my CSU if possible...

You should get the way-point 2.0 functionality released with DJI Go4 4.3.12, unless DJI have hobbled the CS version.
I can't test it as I don't have a M2

Reactions: Badgersurfer
How much is the CS? CSU? I will be recombine my MP2 this week.

Typo “receiving“ is the operative word. ?

Reactions: Carb63
That’s what I’m thinking. I prefer a larger screen as well.

Re
That’s what I’m thinking. I prefer a larger screen as well.

Read about CS issues here, so your fully informed

You’ll also need to get a compatible charger separately for the batteries, which will add to the cost.

Last edited:
Re

Read about CS issues here, so your fully informed
Agree.... but I’ll add my $0.02
I have never had an issue with my CS over the last 2 years. Used through at least 1000hours of flight and using all modes available in the latest firmware for the M2P.
Recommend reading about problems that occur for info and to avoid the the actions that resulted in problems... as with any electronics purchase.

Reactions: WobblingWillie
Also, you don’t need a new charger, just a $6 cable that allows you to use the drone charger. But current pice is north of $1000 (US) for the Ultra CS From DJI. That’s a serious amount of coin. Like @Thomas B, I have not experienced a single issue with my Ultra CS which I was able to pick up used here at a nice discount.

Reactions: Carb63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54