DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro drifting when in flight

I will be trying to roll and yaw. ...
To show you further the difference between how the craft tilts with only yawing vs. doing it coordinated with both yaw & roll.

Below sat pic is from one of my own flights ... here I only use the yaw stick.

The green bar depict the yaw direction & the yellow bar the total tilt direction ... both yaw & tilt is pointing approx in the same direction, the craft rolls very little into the turn.

1629818358882.png

The above but in chart form:
1629818407202.png

But here I do it coordinated ... applying both yaw & roll. It's easily seen that the yellow bar (tilt direction) is pointing into the turn ... & by that counter the slipping.

1629818542552.png

And again the above in a chart:
1629818572524.png

I will have to try that. Sideslip cost me 1 or perhaps 2 props.
Doing a IMU calibration will usually fix consistent drifts back & forth into one direction during a hover, have never seen it fix slipping in turns.

Doing a IMU calibration will usually fix consistent drifts back & forth into one direction during a hover, have never seen it fix slipping in turns.
To see if it will 'fix' sideslip is why I am inclinded to try it ......plus..... I want to see if the Phantom trick of cooling it before the switch on and calibration will reduce the boot time lol

Interesting

Hello all, I've been flying my M2P for a few weeks now and I've noticed when in flight (all modes) and I turn either right or left the drone turns and drifts about 15 feet or so before recovering into a straight line. Upon take off I hover and allow the homepoint to update and the drone doesn't drift at all. Is this normal for the M2P? Is there a fix to this.

When I turn my MA2 it does a little drifting as expected if going full throttle but hardly noticeable.

Thanks in advance!
There are settings in your controller that will cause that. Read up on those settings and Google for help there is a lot of help online. It took me a while and a lot of trial and error to get the all right settings on my M2P but it can be cured

I've had a similar issue, and do 2 things to fix it. If this doesn't help OP perhaps could be useful for someone that.

I had the Mavic Air 2 before switching to the Mavic 2 Pro, and I think the compass in the Air 2 is way way better. I also think the gimbal works better as well (although I understand the payload is way smaller when compared to the Pro 2).

I have to calibrate my compass and gimbal quite often. My gimbal still drifts sideways on almost every flight, and it 'feels' like the drone doesn't fly straight. Upon looking at logs I was able to determine it's the gimbal.

I flew straight out for 2,000ft and straight back, and the drone was within 5 feet of the starting point. That's how I was able to narrow it down to the gimbal.

It's quite annoying however. Hopefully this helps someone out there, happy flying.

Hello all, I've been flying my M2P for a few weeks now and I've noticed when in flight (all modes) and I turn either right or left the drone turns and drifts about 15 feet or so before recovering into a straight line. Upon take off I hover and allow the homepoint to update and the drone doesn't drift at all. Is this normal for the M2P? Is there a fix to this.

When I turn my MA2 it does a little drifting as expected if going full throttle but hardly noticeable.

Thanks in advance!
Do you calibrate the compass before flight. I’ve got a Mp 1 and I find sometimes if I don’t do that the aircraft does behave slightly not how you would expect it to

Reactions: WNYDroner
There are settings in your controller that will cause that. Read up on those settings and Google for help there is a lot of help online. It took me a while and a lot of trial and error to get the all right settings on my M2P but it can be cured
Thank you, I'll have to look into that.

If you're talking about the new "Turning Science" with auto coordinated turns that came in the MA2 firmware 1.00.0340 ... it's only for the MA2, not for M2P.

Thank you, I'll have to look into that.
If you want to know more about this "feature" for the MA2 I think this will cover it from 8:40.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803