DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro....Drone is taking photos out of perspective

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was out with the Mavic 2 Pro and shot some car enthusiasts who got together last weekend. I brought everything home and uploaded it to my computer, low and behold this is what I got. Each photo is tilted out on the top and after I change the perspective using Photoshop the distortion is very evident . I can crop it to size but will loose a good amount of the photo I'd like to save, but the distortion I just don't like.
I'm showing the original with the edited one side-by-side. I don't know what happened but any direction on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated...Thank you !

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • 001-1920.jpg
    001-1920.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 002-1920.jpg
    002-1920.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 003-1920.jpg
    003-1920.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
Standard lens on drones is a wide angle. Vertical objects close to the edge or in a corner are naturally going to be 'tilted'. Sorry, can't help you on how to fix it

That is perfectly normal when you tilt a wide angle lens up or down. It happens on any wide angle lens, and is more pronounced the wider the angle of view. Special lenses called tilt/shift lenses are deigned to avoid that, they are often used in architectural and interior photography.

Thank you gentlemen...I've done the edited on each one carefully, and saved them, so they're looking good now. I just was hoping there might be a way to save some time. Thanks again Thumbswayup

I just was hoping there might be a way to save some time.
There is and it's simple.
If you want your verticals to be vertical in the image, all you need to do is shoot with the camera horizontal.
Not tilted downwards or upwards, but at 0°.

Reactions: DougMcC
There is and it's simple.
If you want your verticals to be vertical in the image, all you need to do is shoot with the camera horizontal.
Not tilted downwards or upwards, but at 0°.
Yes sir....don't go so high and enjoy the scenery as it would look.

I notice when I pan areas of the video seem to compress and expand.

Adobe Lightroom can simply correct distortion, make verticals vertical and horizontals horizontal with the click of a button and you don't loose the raw DNG format.

I was out with the Mavic 2 Pro and shot some car enthusiasts who got together last weekend. I brought everything home and uploaded it to my computer, low and behold this is what I got. Each photo is tilted out on the top and after I change the perspective using Photoshop the distortion is very evident . I can crop it to size but will loose a good amount of the photo I'd like to save, but the distortion I just don't like.
I'm showing the original with the edited one side-by-side. I don't know what happened but any direction on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated...Thank you !
My solution,when I remember to do it,is to back off some from the scene and correct vertical perspective in Lightroom.That way you don't lose any part of the scene.Example

Attachments

• 1 (9).jpeg
    1 (9).jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: MavicFlyer2
My solution,when I remember to do it,is to back off some from the scene and correct vertical perspective in Lightroom.That way you don't lose any part of the scene.Example
Thank you...I went into Photoshop and straighten out the water tower and a few other things manually.

Reactions: offtheback
If you are familiar with Photoshop, you can use the transform and warp tools and get better results in straightening out wide angle distortion. There are several good videos on Youtube to demonstrate this. This is the method I use to straighten all my photos whether with camera or drone.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
If you are familiar with Photoshop, you can use the transform and warp tools and get better results in straightening out wide angle distortion. There are several good videos on Youtube to demonstrate this. This is the method I use to straighten all my photos whether with camera or drone.
Thank you...I'll look for sure !

It's simpler to just avoid having the problem now that you are aware of what causes it.
There are times altitude is preferred, so all the help is appreciated here !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne