DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Falls from the sky from 70m using Litchi app. Major Failure.

The more time I spend thinking about the cause of my crash the more I'm thinking it may have been a loose battery. DJI did not want to read my supplied data from Airdata as I was using the Litchi app. I can see for myself that everything was running smoothly and then - nothing. The battery must have been loose. I had been travelling quite fast and when I came to a stop the battery could have jumped out. I have a replacement drone from DJI that I paid for and I have done some testing. The drone will power up and fly with the battery not being fully secured and latched. If I simulate the drone coming to a stop the battery will come out. I'm super careful now. I'll make a youtube video soon to show what can happen.

As I mentioned in post #7, DJI can read the onboard DAT file that is independent of the control program, and we know from other DJI aircraft (where the DAT files are readable) that a battery disconnect leaves a very clear characteristic signal in the motor voltage data. They should have easily been able to figure out what happened if you sent them the aircraft.

New firmware addresses this issue
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.09.16)
Overview: Date: 2019.09.16Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0510DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.24DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.24 What’s New? Added battery mounting detection. Aircraft is unable to take off if the Intelligent Flight Battery is not mounted correctly. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
took a while though... i wonder how many warranty cases were covered and declined over this issue since the mavic 2 was released...

Hi
For reference and clearly understand what DJI will not
Cover please see below
This is from DJI warranty policy

What This After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover
This policy does not cover the following:
× Crashes or fire damage caused by non-manufacturing factors, including but not limited to, pilot errors.
× Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals.
× Damage caused by improper installation, incorrect use, or operation not in accordance with official instructions or manuals.
× Damage caused by a non-authorized service provider.
× Damage caused by unauthorized modification of circuits and mismatch or misuse of the battery and charger.
× Damage caused by flights which did not follow instruction manual recommendations.
× Damage caused by operation in bad weather (i.e. strong winds, rain, sand/dust storms, etc.)
× Damage caused by operating the product in an environment with electromagnetic interference (i.e. in mining areas or close to radio transmission towers, high-voltage wires, substations, etc.).
× Damage caused by operating the product in an environment suffering from interference from other wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-downlink, Wi-Fi signals, etc.).
× Damage caused by operating the product at a weight greater than the safe takeoff weight, as specified by instruction manuals.
× Damage caused by a forced flight when components have aged or been damaged.
× Damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthorized third-party parts.
× Damage caused by operating the unit with a low-charged or defective battery.
× Uninterrupted or error-free operation of a product.
× Loss of, or damage to, your data by a product.
× Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently.
× Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request.
× Damage resulting from any non-DJI technical or other support, such as assistance with “how-to” questions or inaccurate product set-up and installation.
× Products or parts with an altered identification label or from which the identification label has been removed.

Good luck
The way I read the wording here is that DJI does not warranty
"× Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently."
To me that states the "software" is not under warranty, not that it voids the "device" warranty by use.

And this
"× Failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request."
sounds like physical items not software. That all depends on the definition of "Product".

So “Uninterrupted or error-free operation of a product” invalidates the warranty?
No it is all false. I literally violated more than half of those exclusions in one flight, provided DJI documentation of it and they covered my lost drone under warranty. I guess it helped that the drone is still sitting at the bottom of a lake and they didn't have it sitting in front of them with all of its modified Frankenstein glory

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots