DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Firmware versions

And generally, the things in the update that are not in the release notes are not bugs, but bug fixes. They don't always list them for a variety of reasons, such as (for instance) to avoid liabilities.

I'm certain that the number of bug fixes in firmware is far greater than the number of inadvertently introduced bugs. That makes updating firmware far more valuable that skipping them due to paranoia of unknown new bugs.

That said, I wouldn't imagine that any firmware update would allow a battery to charge that had already shown to be dead.

Chris
Yeah, there's no way to talk to the battery conventionally once the BMS makes its ruling. USB doesn't provide power to the bird and nothing happens with a dead/inactive battery installed. Maybe this update would have made a difference for me if already installed, or maybe it was a slightly different issue being addressed.

In any event I plan on opening the battery cases and using the CP2112 debug board to clear flags after charging the battery with a hobby charger. Yes, I know the risks of doing this, from the process itself, to use afterwards. If I bring them back, I'll take their history into consideration.

And generally, the things in the update that are not in the release notes are not bugs, but bug fixes.
Agreed
And generally, a herd of buffalo will follow its leader right over the edge of a cliff. I’ll continue to hang at the back of the pack with my can of bug spray and do my research so i don’t fall of the edge along with the unfortunate others.

Agreed
And generally, a herd of buffalo will follow its leader right over the edge of a cliff. I’ll continue to hang at the back of the pack with my can of bug spray and do my research so i don’t fall of the edge along with the unfortunate others.

If you want to associate manufacture's firmware updates to buffalo running of the edge of a cliff, nobody here needs to convince you otherwise.

Meanwhile, as someone with 30 years in the software release business, I'll occasionally give my opinion on the matter. I hope that doesn't continue to bother you.

Chris

Not a bother at all. If we all had the same opinions, think how boring the world would be. My view of potential update issues may not be for everyone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser