DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Flyaway

that is pretty much it.
mag interference may or may not affect the calibration of the AC. Remember, the AC calibration is all about the AC not the things around it. So taking off, or flying thru mag interference may or may not change the AC signature. I guess it would always be prudent to verify map orientation before and during flight if there are any questions. You can see why calibration in a neutral environment is important, unless you plan on flying with that metal table attached.

That's all basically correct, and has been explained many times in many threads. It certainly doesn't hurt to repeat it though.

SAR, I was wondering if my mobile device compass/GPS affect my drones flight abilities? I have noticed my GS9+ compass is almost always out of calibration. 3 axis...correct? Have to rotate it in a figure 8 to calibrate it.

what will affect the drone is anything that will add or subtract magnetism from the drone, that is, change its magnetic footprint.
I would suspect that your mobile device would not be capable of doing that, but I am not familiar with it. If it has a lot of metal and it became highly magnetized, then placing it close enough to the drone to transfer some of that magnetism to the drone would definitely have an effect.
Calibrating the mobile device would normalize its magnetism so its compass would be correct. But if it could transfer some of that magnetism to the drone you would need to recalibrate the drone.

SAR, I was wondering if my mobile device compass/GPS affect my drones flight abilities? I have noticed my GS9+ compass is almost always out of calibration. 3 axis...correct? Have to rotate it in a figure 8 to calibrate it.

The mobile device compass is only used to orient the map on the display relative to your surroundings. Nice but not essential, and I've found that it is often incorrect due to the magnets in the RC. Some people have had success calibrating the mobile device compass while attached to the controller. The mobile device GPS is only used for "Follow me" or to reset the home point to the controller location. Neither are involved in flight control.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Hello hi,

first of all I love to ask what and how many GPS did you had second do you live in America third you said that it dropped
.. did you fly in p mode or sports mode chances are yours was shotdown not a mechanical failure this does not happen these things happen mainly for people who lives in America you must have flown it too high and expose yourself when you are flying a drone in America and you need to turn off all the lights by pressing the record button to shut off all the lights if someone saw lights that could have grab the rifle or gun and shot it down this does not happen in countries like in Australia

Hello hi,

first of all I love to ask what and how many GPS did you had second do you live in America third you said that it dropped
.. did you fly in p mode or sports mode chances are yours was shotdown not a mechanical failure this does not happen these things happen mainly for people who lives in America you must have flown it too high and expose yourself when you are flying a drone in America and you need to turn off all the lights by pressing the record button to shut off all the lights if someone saw lights that could have grab the rifle or gun and shot it down this does not happen in countries like in Australia
We don’t have a definitive cause from the flight log data so we should reasonably assume it was shot down? Fiight controller failure and battery disconnection must seem more likely- surely.

that would be impossible unless you didn't footy lock the latch on the battery did you hear the two clicks when you locked it or maybe you fluid in a very cold conditions and the pin this couldn't conduct you must have dropped from the sky

that would be impossible unless you didn't footy lock the latch on the battery did you hear the two clicks when you locked it or maybe you fluid in a very cold conditions and the pin this couldn't conduct you must have dropped from the sky
Impossible? It is a significantly more frequent occurrence than being shot at.

Impossible? It is a significantly more frequent occurrence than being shot at.
Are you able to provide the flight record ( DJI version of black box) pictures initial take off,

A last altitude known picture,

Did it fell out of the sky at a still position or when U move it ? Answer engine error failed conductivity wiring...

What city are you in so I can check the weather

Are you able to provide the flight record ( DJI version of black box) pictures initial take off,

What city are you in so I can check the weather
It's not clear who you are asking this of ??
The thread is a very old one, whoever you are asking is unlikely to be here anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas