DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro for Wildlife Photography

Doesnt that depend massively on the type of wildlife... ?

Drones are noisy and buzzy - they tend to scare some animals away.

That and conservation laws etc forbid you to get too close to lots of things.

Are drones used in wildlife photography? Which is a better drone - Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom?
Two things go against the drone being a good device for wildlife photography.
1. The noise alarms most animals
2. The wideangle lens on the camera means you would have to be very close to be able to shoot most wildlife

The Mavic is quieter than the Phantom series but probably not enough to help and the M2 zoom lens only covers the 35mm equivalent of 35 mm Format Equivalent: 24-48 mm so it's still not going to be much use.

This is why I'm looking at the zoom, I can get down to 30 to 50 feet above them.

Most animals arent going to let you get anywhere near 50ft or them.

Wildlife drones are typically Inspire or Matrice type, often with DSLRs underslung.

Not true, to I film deer all the time actually it's all I do. With mp1

I rest my case. Wrong drone.

Satellite view animals arent great and you're too far away.

To get a better shot you need to be more level with them and closer.

Reactions: genesimmons
All depends on what you need out of pics., It shows me everything I need to know.

I rest my case. Wrong drone.

Satellite view animals arent great and you're too far away.

To get a better shot you need to be more level with them and closer.

That's entirely dependent on your use case. I'd venture the vast majority of people who own a Mavic are not taking professional photos and videos I do the same type of shooting as @Rnl and it's plenty sufficient.

That's entirely dependent on your use case. I'd venture the vast majority of people who own a Mavic are not taking professional photos and videos I do the same type of shooting as @Rnl and it's plenty sufficient.
The initial question was about "wildlife photography".
Those topdown shots wouldn't be what most people mean by wildlife photography.

Those topdown shots wouldn't be what most people mean by wildlife photography.

The POV may not be what a specific photographer wants but the pictures illustrate you may be able to get relatively close. I don't have much trouble getting as close as I need to, which isn't very. Hence, why I said it depends on your use case. "Most" people are not professional or semi-professional photographers looking to get that magazine shot. If you are, and need close-ups, then yes - a drone is probably not the right tool.​

I get close. Don't bother them.

Reactions: Kingram

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid