DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Follow Issues

Seahorse51

Reactions
When the Mavic 2 Pro is on the ground and powered up, the gimbal will follow in the yall axis just fine. When it is flying, the gimbal acts as if it is locked in the yall axis and makes for very harsh pans. Just curious why this would work fine on the ground but not in the air. The gimbal works well in all other areas except for that. I have had this drone for over 3 months now and thought this would be addressed in a firmware update but now im starting to think my unit is defective as I have not seen anyone else mention this issue.

Did you check/try the settings of “Gimbal Pan Follow” in Go4?

Thanks for responding! Where is this located? When I go to Gimbal advanced settings, I only have options for speed, smoothness and upwards 30 degree tilt.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding! Where is this located? When I go to Gimbal advanced settings, I only have options for speed, smoothness and upwards 30 degree tilt.
It's in your camera settings gimbal locked make sure that is off

Yes you are correct, yaw. GavieBoy DJI thanks for your suggestion but that did not work. The gimbal yaw is still locked when in flight. It works great in all other directions, and can follow around when you tap and hold your finger on the screen. On The Mavic 1, there is a Follow Pan option in gimbal setting. This is not available on the Mavic 2??? Is anyone else having this issue?

Sorry, just looked for it myself. Apparently not an option on the M2 - GO4.

And on my M1 I have it turned off anyway because it causes a “bounce-back” behavior when coming out of a yaw turn because the gimbal turns a little ahead of the AC when the option is enabled.

Question: Did you use DJI Goggles with head tracking flight turned on? If so you will have jerky pan movements guaranteed. There is a problem with the Goggles and any form of head tracking.

No Goggles. I noticed it when I first got the M2 but I dont do a lot of pans when flying so was not really an issue. I was setting up a flight plan for the first time using litchi (which I have used several times with M1) with a POI for a client that is going to require multiple passes over the course of 3 months. When I was reviewing footage from the first pass you can see the camera jerk multiple times when the drone yaws to keep the camera pointed at the POI. It is definitely not as smooth as it should be. I have tried slowing down the path, tried putting in more waypoints closer together but nothing seems to work. If the camera would follow pan like the original mavic, this would not be an issue. So I had to revert back to the Mavic1 to do the job. The footage is not as good but at least it is smoother which is more noticeable. If anyone has a suggestion I would like to hear. I really want to be able to use the M2P for these jobs but smooth footage is a priority. Its just frustrating, whats the point of having a 3 axis gimbal if the pan is going to be locked during flight? Hopefully Im totally missing something in the settings! Please help! LOL

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my M2P. On the ground the gimbal yaw smooths out the aircraft yaw, but in the air it appears fixed to the yaw of the aircraft. This is just manually flying using the sticks. Any fix for this?

hi everyone, i'm writing from italy. I ha the same problem,
with the yaw where the drone is in flight. I checked all the settings including that ‘lock gimbal when capture’ ... I don't understand why the yaw is blocked, for example after lowering the Gimbal even a few degrees, and it unlocks when I tilt up / down with the button, working correctly. It locks even after flying, releases the stick suddenly (activating the brake) and to make the yaw functional again I have to do the tilt up / down with the assigned key c1 and it starts working again ... I TELL EVERYONE THAT THE CHECK "LOCK GIMBAL WHEN RECORDING" is disabled! Someone who has the mavic 2 pro can do tests by doing the same things I did (run and release the sticks and rotate the drone on itself to see if the yaw has blocked you too, or change the inclination of the camera gradually with the wheel and then try to rotate the drone on itself) Thanks for your cooperation! I leave the video attached.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j.bosco