DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal gets crazy

marrut

Reactions
Hi all,
my Mavic 2 Pro (With smart controller) has an random issue. While on flight, the gimbal starts moving like when the drone starts and then it comes back normal.
It occurs very randomly about 3-4 times per flight. I couldn't figure out a pattern when it occurs or under which circunstances it occur.
I calibrated the IMU, the Compass and Gimbal, but the issue continues. Controller and Drone has the latest Firm- and Software. The drone had no crashes.
Here is a link with a video about:
Can someone advice what problem could it be?
Thanks!!

Marcus

Hi all,
my Mavic 2 Pro (With smart controller) has an random issue. While on flight, the gimbal starts moving like when the drone starts and then it comes back normal.
It occurs very randomly about 3-4 times per flight. I couldn't figure out a pattern when it occurs or under which circunstances it occur.
I calibrated the IMU, the Compass and Gimbal, but the issue continues. Controller and Drone has the latest Firm- and Software. The drone had no crashes.
Thanks!!

Marcus
No idea why, but it also just happened (for the first time to me) earlier this week! I was shooting a 2-second pacing hyperlapse when WHAM, this hit and it took two more exposures before the gimbal fully settled back down though it swung mostly back right afterwards. No marks on the vehicle or camera so I don't think anything hit it.

Using AirMap to look at the flight logs there were no event at the time of this happening and unfortunately, AirMap doesn't see any data items pertinent to either the camera or the gimbal.

Attachments

• Gimbal crazy.jpg
    Gimbal crazy.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 14
Wow! Seems like it is doing a gimbal calibration in mid flight/
Did any event happen just before it started this behavior? Like updates?
Have you tried reinstalling the DJIGo4 app?
Does it exhibit this behavior while flying with Litchi or any other alternative app?

Wow! Seems like it is doing a gimbal calibration in mid flight/
Did any event happen just before it started this behavior? Like updates?
Have you tried reinstalling the DJIGo4 app?
Does it exhibit this behavior while flying with Litchi or any other alternative app?
yeah, it's like that, even having the drone on a table does it, but in a so random manner that I cannot figure out a pattern. I tried calibrating all the stuff (IMU/Compass/Gimbal) but no change. I updated later the controller and drone, but the issue continue.
I'am using the smart controller with the DJI app, it is possible to connect a tablet of phone to discard an app problem from the smart controller?

I have had a problem like this with my original Mavic Pro, I think it mainly happened when switching between photo and video mode. Scared the bejezus out of me! I am not sure anymore what fixed it, I think it was either a software update or a care refresh ticket.
What software versions are you running? I have an M2p with SC as well, never had this problem with this combo.

Hi all,
Thanks!!

Marcus

More likely to be an issue with the Gimbal controller. It could be a connector issue on the controller board, cable or the controller itself.

Are you still under warranty? If so I would return it and provide a link to the video you posted.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty