DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Problem

CindyJ

Reactions
Crashed the drone. Now the gimbal won't move on it's own and won't calibrate (stops at 10%). Physically the drone looks fine - couldn't even tell it was crashed. The gimbal moves freely but won't move on start up on it's own. The camera works fine. Software has been updated through DJI Assistant. Took the drone halfway apart. The cable looks fine between drone and camera. Have not taken camera or gimbal apart. Has anyone run into this problem and fixed it themselves? Could it be the gimbal motor? a circuit board?

I'd think not so likely a circuit board. When you checked the ribbon cable, did you insure it's plugged in all the way and that it's not torn or cracked?

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes, but I've ordered a new one so I'll see if this is the problem. Also ordered a new camera and gimbal which was quite expensive but cheaper than a new drone. If the problem was the cable would it still see images from the camera? This was why I thought it must be something with the gimbal.

Yes, but I've ordered a new one so I'll see if this is the problem. Also ordered a new camera and gimbal which was quite expensive but cheaper than a new drone. If the problem was the cable would it still see images from the camera? This was why I thought it must be something with the gimbal.
Separate connection for gimbal motors and imaging.

Separate connection for gimbal motors and imaging.

Where is the connection for the gimbal motors to the drone? I've only found one cable that connects the entire gimbal and camera to the drone. Are there two connections within this one cable? Once I release this cable, the entire camera/gimbal comes out. I'm guessing there are cables inside the gimbal and camera that I need to check?

Where is the connection for the gimbal motors to the drone? I've only found one cable that connects the entire gimbal and camera to the drone. Are there two connections within this one cable? Once I release this cable, the entire camera/gimbal comes out. I'm guessing there are cables inside the gimbal and camera that I need to check?
There are multiple wires inside the ribbon cable. If you’re repairing, recommend change the cable and try the drone out. You might be able to return that gimbal if unopened.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77