DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro IMU Calibration

noosaguy

Reactions
I read somewhere that the M2P may become less stable if the IMU needs calibration. I went to the Mavic tutorial and followed the steps in the video but when it gets to step 2, the progress bar goes almost all the way then stops. On the App it says 'calibration in progress' but then nothing more happens. It remains stuck at step 2. Has anyone else experienced this.

App instructions are incorrect
1. On legs
2. On side face right
3. On side face left
4. On butt
5. On back.

2 and 3 may be interchangeable
Thanks for your quick response.
That's not the issue unfortunately. The thing just hangs at the second step. The progress bar goes almost all the way through then stops and doesn't move again. I've left it for almost 5 minutes and it remains frozen in that position.
How long should the entire process take?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet99
Process should take just a couple of seconds. Sounds more of a firmware issue, you can try redowloading the app, if that doesn’t work refresh your firmware via Dji Assistant 2

I read somewhere that the M2P may become less stable if the IMU needs calibration. I went to the Mavic tutorial and followed the steps in the video but when it gets to step 2, the progress bar goes almost all the way then stops. On the App it says 'calibration in progress' but then nothing more happens. It remains stuck at step 2. Has anyone else experienced this.
Had the same issue and posted a couple of days ago my solution:

Just in case anyone else tries the IMU calibration; the images in the app telling you how to place the craft are incorrect.

The craft should be positioned the following way for each step:

1 - Put the drone on its legs
2 - Place on its side facing right with the top towards you (Picture shows facing left)
3 - Place on its side facing left with the top towards you. (Picture shows on feet)
4 - Place it on its backside, camera facing straight up in the air, top of drone towards you
5 - Place the drone on its back with the camera pointing right

It needs to be fixed as spent the last hour trying to do the calibration...

Had exact the same problem except mine stuck on page 3!
Contacted DJI support and for once they came up trumps. I was suffering from the 'curse of Android'.
When I changed from my Android phone to my IOS ipad it worked fine.

Had exact the same problem except mine stuck on page 3!
Contacted DJI support and for once they came up trumps. I was suffering from the 'curse of Android'.
When I changed from my Android phone to my IOS ipad it worked fine.

Thanks for all your responses. I use IOS (iPhone X) and I tried again today and it still hung at the end of step 2.

So what is the 'stability fix' in the new firmware update, I didn't see any mention about that???

I don't think anyone knows the specifics of the "improved stabilization"

When it is stuck, try all orientations not already implemented. Also check videos about it.
Should be:
1. Normally on its legs
2. On side facing right when looking at its top
3. On side facing left
4. On butt
5. On back.

I don't think anyone knows the specifics of the "improved stabilization"

When it is stuck, try all orientations not already implemented. Also check videos about it.
Should be:
1. Normally on its legs
2. On side facing right when looking at its top
3. On side facing left
4. On butt
5. On back.

Thanks mate, yeah I've Googled it and it seems to be mentioned but not with the M2P. I haven't tried your suggestion yet but based on what I've seen I suspect it's something deeper.

AFAIK there was no mention of 'improved stabilisation' in the DJI release. I wish there was something though because I want to do some low altitude time-lapses and as things are they are pathetic... My M2P moves all over the place during the sequence to the point I get motion sickness watching the finished video. ;)
Running it through Mercalli stabilisation app helps a bit but nowhere near enough.

Here is possibly your issue, and I say this with a red face, because it took me a while to figure out. Between step 2 and step 3, the images are simply flipped. If you aren't watching the screen closely, you won't see that it tells you to flip it over to the other side. I suggest looking closely at the screen to ensure that the position you have the drone in matches the image. Just a thought.

Here is possibly your issue, and I say this with a red face, because it took me a while to figure out. Between step 2 and step 3, the images are simply flipped. If you aren't watching the screen closely, you won't see that it tells you to flip it over to the other side. I suggest looking closely at the screen to ensure that the position you have the drone in matches the image. Just a thought.
The go app definitely had it wrong (might be fixed now)

I received my M2Z back (actually a replacement) and it seems to be more stable. Changes in yaw speed seems smother, less abrupt. Landing seems to be more accurate too.

Reactions: noosaguy
The stability of the M2P sucks!

I think you got a bad copy. I’ve managed some pretty sharp multisecond photos even with wind warnings popping up constantly. I don’t say that to make you feel bad, but to encourage you to get it fixed by DJI if your calibration doesn’t fix it.

Reactions: noosaguy
have you tried doing the calibration on your PC with Assistant 2 ? My Mav2 is very steady after the PC calibration
I have an OSX (Apple) computer but I did an IMU and compass recalibration just recently. Made little difference.

I think you got a bad copy. I’ve managed some pretty sharp multisecond photos even with wind warnings popping up constantly. I don’t say that to make you feel bad, but to encourage you to get it fixed by DJI if your calibration doesn’t fix it.
Thanks Steve, It's hard to imagine why one M2P would be more stable than another. It could be but I sort of suspect not.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55