DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro NFZ

bobster316

Reactions
I have had the M2P for approx 5 months and have not really had the chance to fly it properly, I live in the UK near Heathrow Airport (approx 7Km) away and away from the flight path.
The M2P has NFZ restriction to 60m which seems okay, however my local area has buildings taller than 60m and I wanted the ability to increase this to 100m.

I have been doing some research, it appears that DJI have introduced protection to certain parameters such as max altitude with Anti-Rollback firmware, so no
possibility to change max altitude of 60m in my area,

Does anyone know if i buy a new mavic 2 pro , will the base firmware allow me to use the nolimitzdrone patch to remove the NFZ restrictions. I am a responsible
Drone flyer and will ensure the mavic 2 pro remains in my local vicinity

If that is the case, if i sell my current mavic 2 pro and purchase a new one will i be able to use the nolimitzdrone patch? does anyone have any experience..

.400 and above firmware versions are the point of no return. some people say when they got new m2p recently it had .350 firmware on it - with that you can hypothetically use the NLD updater to roll back into .100 and apply an NFZ patch. but, if it comes with more recent code in it - then, no luck.

so, it is not so guaranteed. read more on the nolimitdrones site, they have enough info about it all.

.400 and above firmware versions are the point of no return. some people say when they got new m2p recently it had .350 firmware on it - with that you can hypothetically use the NLD updater to roll back into .100 and apply an NFZ patch. but, if it comes with more recent code in it - then, no luck.

so, it is not so guaranteed. read more on the nolimitdrones site, they have enough info about it all.

Does that mean you have to stay on .100 ? New here, sorry

How can I see the no fly zone restrictions where a mavic won’t take off or fly? Are they all shown here: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Or do I need to get a dji app? I don’t have a drone yet just reading up on everything first.

Thanks
The DJI Go4 app is free and you can start the app without a drone, go into camera view and view the map. On my Apple device I just tap the map window and it goes full screen. As long as you have internet access and it can tell what your location is, it will show you the goefencing where you are. That is what the drone itself will use. Your link is also good and you can check locations away from you.

EDIT: I took a look at your link and as long as you select the "Warning Zones " and "Enhanced Warning Zones " for the map, it matches what I see in the Go4 app.

Last edited:
I just sent my NLD rooted board back. It's DEC 1 and no height restrictions removed as promised. Also it says use .100.... Instructions said upgrade to newest firmware first.. Guess what? Lol.... It can't roll back firmware to .100.. So wtf...."soon"... I got tired of waiting... These people have no clue what "soon" means...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201117-172549_Firefox.png
    Screenshot_20201117-172549_Firefox.png
    504.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20201201_214539.jpg
    IMG_20201201_214539.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 20
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads