DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - not Evo - now what?

m0j0

Reactions
Ok I am completely sold on the Mavic 2 Pro. I was debating on the M2p or the EVO. After doing the research I have decided on going with the vastly more expensive GEO Fenced Mavic. In my estimation the difference in price is warranted. This isn’t a thread on the merits of my decision it’s a thread on the where I go from here.

I currently have iPhone X, iPad mini 2 and an Nvidia shield. I know my X will work perfectly I use it with my current Mavic and it is incredibly solid. I know I will want a bigger screen. When I used go4 last it was killing my mini 2 (overheating because it was maxed out) I won’t use it again. I will not be upgrading to a new tablet after dropping the $ on a new Mavic. Has anyone used the shield to fly with Go4 recently? Is it still disconnecting like it used to?

It looks like there are absolutely no deals on the Mavic 2 Pro. 1499 seems to be the going rate among the reputable dealers. Does someone know of a place to get a deal? I’m even down with getting a used or refurbished if it’s a good deal?

I imagine I will need the bag, extra batteries and the hub. I use the hub with my current Mavic and it suffices. What’s the best place to get accessories?

One of the selling points for me is the fact that the cameras can be swapped. I really don’t know that it is something I would use but knowing I have that option is a plus. When the price of the cameras come down I will probably buy one. I do have s question. When you swap from the zoom camera to the pro do you get the same options?

Thank you

When you swap from the zoom camera to the pro do you get the same options?
Thank you

No - no zoom lol. Remember, your looking for better deals than $1499, but on the other side of the coin your looking into the fly more kit for $379 and a extra zoom camera $320++. Let's not think about the price because your going to drop another $800+ anyway. Open the wallet- common, open that sucker!

No - no zoom lol. Remember, your looking for better deals than $1499, but on the other side of the coin your looking into the fly more kit for $379 and a extra zoom camera $320++. Let's not think about the price because your going to drop another $800+ anyway. Open the wallet- common, open that sucker!
Since I'm not getting paid I'm going to go easy on the wallet..

This will be my Furlough Mavic!
LOL

Reactions: Ray Singcar
Haha I love figuring out what to buy.. That's always fun..
I'm super happy with my fly more combo Mavic Pro (1) that I bought at like 3 months before the 2s arrived. It's so strong now I can't even think about getting a MP2 right now..
Whatever you decide, good luck and welcome!

I got tired of waiting for a better deal and spent the $1499 also. I did not get the fly more but I did buy an extra battery. The fly more for my Air was just more "stuff" except for the batteries. I have a back pack that works well so that bag is never used. Enjoy!

I got tired of waiting for a better deal and spent the $1499 also. I did not get the fly more but I did buy an extra battery. The fly more for my Air was just more "stuff" except for the batteries. I have a back pack that works well so that bag is never used. Enjoy!
Yea I've got a nice pack and the goggles and all kinds of nonessential crap... Lol..
Speaking of which, I literally have like 10 packs of new props that I kept buying at best buy. I might have replaced them twice in like 8 months... Lol

This thing is a beast!

I even have the insurance from state farm.. Lol.. I cant stop spending money...

Reactions: JDawg
Haha I love figuring out what to buy.. That's always fun..
I'm super happy with my fly more combo Mavic Pro (1) that I bought at like 3 months before the 2s arrived. It's so strong now I can't even think about getting a MP2 right now..
Whatever you decide, good luck and welcome!
Already have a Mavic 1... It is awesome but I am going to move up to the latest and greatest. I will keep the MP too. The only decision I really have to make is do I go for the Flymore package or try to purchase a few extra batteries. I use the crap out of my current flymore package. I don't use the car charger and I rarely carry the powerbank adapter. The bag, I use it daily and I always use the charging hub. For some reason I like the slower charge just seems like the safest way to charge the batteries.

The othe decision is do I whip out the shield or do I use the iphone x.

Where do I buy it to get the best bang for the buck

Last edited:
Best Buy has them on the shelf. I can say I am a little disappointed that there is no discount for buying the Fly More package like there was with the Mavic Pro.

Ok I am completely sold on the Mavic 2 Pro. I was debating on the M2p or the EVO. After doing the research I have decided on going with the vastly more expensive GEO Fenced Mavic. In my estimation the difference in price is warranted. This isn’t a thread on the merits of my decision it’s a thread on the where I go from here.

I currently have iPhone X, iPad mini 2 and an Nvidia shield. I know my X will work perfectly I use it with my current Mavic and it is incredibly solid. I know I will want a bigger screen. When I used go4 last it was killing my mini 2 (overheating because it was maxed out) I won’t use it again. I will not be upgrading to a new tablet after dropping the $ on a new Mavic. Has anyone used the shield to fly with Go4 recently? Is it still disconnecting like it used to?

It looks like there are absolutely no deals on the Mavic 2 Pro. 1499 seems to be the going rate among the reputable dealers. Does someone know of a place to get a deal? I’m even down with getting a used or refurbished if it’s a good deal?

I imagine I will need the bag, extra batteries and the hub. I use the hub with my current Mavic and it suffices. What’s the best place to get accessories?

One of the selling points for me is the fact that the cameras can be swapped. I really don’t know that it is something I would use but knowing I have that option is a plus. When the price of the cameras come down I will probably buy one. I do have s question. When you swap from the zoom camera to the pro do you get the same options?

Thank you
Wellbots had $100 off on Black Friday, so I jumped on it. I've not heard of anything like it before or after, but that might be a place to keep in mind to check on and off for folks that are not in a big hurry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair