DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro out of focus, sometimes

I have the Mavic 2 pro, and its been on and off coming up with out of focus video and pictures. Anyone ever have this happen ? Need to get this figured out asap.
Pro Tip. The lens on the M2Pro is about 9mm. This means the hyper focal distance of the lens using the strictest tolerance for sharpness is only 7 feet at f/5.6.

This means that unless you are focusing on something less than 7 feet away from the camera it will make no difference if you just focus the lens to infinity.

To put the lens into infinity focus tap to focus on something at least 50m away then switch to manual focus to lock it in. Now everything will be in focus always.

The only time you would ever need to refocus is if you were photographing something really close to the camera.

Understand how the autofocus/manual focus works. It is very easy to have issues with your use of it and it is very difficult to see the problem on a large screen tablet never mind a small smart phone.

Reactions: Droniac
I have the Mavic 2 pro, and its been on and off coming up with out of focus video and pictures. Anyone ever have this happen ? Need to get this figured out asap.
Not sure if you know the basics, so just tossing this video up for a "refresher class" or troubleshooting. :)

Since I am a casual drone photographer I just put it into AFC mode and I never have to worry or think about it.

Not sure if you know the basics, so just tossing this video up for a "refresher class" or troubleshooting. :)

Thanks for inserting that video - always looking to increase my M2P knowledge and these short videos are ideal for those of us easily distracted by bright shiny objects ?

Reactions: Droniac

Yea that’s how you can put it in infinity focus. That tripod leg is too close to work with the infinity trick and he has the aperture way down to f/2.8 which makes the video kind of hard to follow but that is how you do it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada