DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Overexposed photos and black lines

High Wind

Reactions
I've just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro. Photos obtained in full auto mode are overexposed and have an occasional black line on the Left hand edge. Using internal storage in the drone. Any ideas about what to do ?

Attachments

• DJI_0171e.JPG
    DJI_0171e.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 47
Have you checked your exposure compensation, it’s controlled by the right control dial on the remote controller or on the DJI Go4 camera settings.
Your could have inadvertently set your to a + ve value, to cause the over exposure.

17. Aperture/Shutter Adjustment Dial (Mavic 2 Pro) – Turn to adjust the exposure compensation (when in Program mode), the aperture (when in Aperture Priority and Manual mode), or shutter speed (when in Shutter Priority mode).

For the black line try the 3:2 or 16:9 aspect ratio in the camera settings

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
I would go manual & use the wheel on the controller to adjust the aperture, full auto sounds good but can lead to problems.
Don't know why you would get a black line on only one side but like lannes says could be aspect ratio so have a play.

I've just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro. Photos obtained in full auto mode are overexposed and have an occasional black line on the Left hand edge. Using internal storage in the drone. Any ideas about what to do ?
The black line can only be a glitch.
If it was at all related to your aspect ratio, it would be on all images.
If all images are coming out overexposed, your settings are doing it.
Check the camera data line on your screen and look at the EV value.
i-QwxDW3r.jpg

It's probably showing a + number.
Dial that back to zero or -0.3

I'd be more concerned about why that horizon is so bowed?
Is that from a dng file?

Thanks for the advice everyone - Yes, accidentally set EV to +0.3 - so exposure issue now corrected.
The black line issue is more confusing, out of 44 images, 12 have the black line down the Left side. Meta4 is correct about the bowed horizon, but this only occurs on the images with the black line - see attached image obtained immediately after the other, this has no black line and no curved horizon, do you think this is maybe a warranty issue or something I can fix ?

Attachments

• DJI_0173e.JPG
    DJI_0173e.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Meta4
The black line issue is more confusing, out of 44 images, 12 have the black line down the Left side. Meta4 is correct about the bowed horizon, but this only occurs on the images with the black line - see attached image obtained immediately after the other, this has no black line and no curved horizon, do you think this is maybe a warranty issue or something I can fix ?
The issue is due to the software you are using to handle the dng images.
The image files have lens correction data which is used by Photoshop or Lightroom, but what you are using doesn't do this.
That's what's causing the black line and the bowed horizon.

Thanks for your advice - glad I don't have to return the drone ! - software I'm using is just windows media player

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas