DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Panorama and other questions

Any panorama always gives you a stitched JPG but you can enable to save the original DNG too for later stitching in post production ... first time you activate, it will warn you that it might consume a lot of space (what it does). The horizontal panorama above has 104 megapixel in total. ;)

That sounds like what I need. (Saving the original DNG files for each individual photo, I mean.) My panoramas are 312.5 MP so I'm used to multi-GB files. That's why I have a 128 GB card in my Mavic. :)

Now I just need some non-rainy weather when I have time to fly.

Hi guys, picking up an old thread here, sorry. I have an M2P question.
Say I wanted to print 1.5m x .5m print from a pano. If I shoot horizontal pano I get 21 RAW images to stitch in LR or PS but I can't stop the horizon being right smack bang in the centre of the image, right where I don't want it. I would like to either exclude the sky totally or have a lot less sky to foreground. How can I achieve that?

Say I wanted to print 1.5m x .5m print from a pano. If I shoot horizontal pano I get 21 RAW images to stitch in LR or PS but I can't stop the horizon being right smack bang in the centre of the image, right where I don't want it. I would like to either exclude the sky totally or have a lot less sky to foreground. How can I achieve that?
Just crop it or use Lightroom/Camera Raw transform tool to warp the perspective a little so it squishes or stretches one half to get it in there.

The nuclear option would be to use liquify in Photoshop to do this more selectively. You can freeze important parts of the image so they don’t distort. liquify is a destructive process though so use as last resort.

Reactions: noosaguy
Just crop it or use Lightroom/Camera Raw transform tool to warp the perspective a little so it squishes or stretches one half to get it in there.

The nuclear option would be to use liquify in Photoshop to do this more selectively. You can freeze important parts of the image so they don’t distort. liquify is a destructive process though so use as last resort.
Thanks Brett but I doubt trying to fix it like that is conducive to a high quality finished product. I have a shot I'm after that I would like to print 1.5m wide. That's 5' in the old scale. I need about 177,000 px wide by 55,000 px at 300 dpi. There are many limitations with the M2P it seems but I still love it. :)

Yep, it's crazy that the only DJI drone that lets you choose where the horizon is the Spark !

Last edited:
Shoot a spherical panorama then crop it. Or manually shoot with two rows of images so you have more land.

Not certain you'll get the pixel dimensions you want, though. I've been shooting full spherical panoramas and PTGUI Pro recommends 26000 pixels for the width of the 360° panorama. OTOH, for 300dpi I can print that 7' wide — I think you made a mistake in your pixel calculations!

Shoot a spherical panorama then crop it. Or manually shoot with two rows of images so you have more land.

Not certain you'll get the pixel dimensions you want, though. I've been shooting full spherical panoramas and PTGUI Pro recommends 26000 pixels for the width of the 360° panorama. OTOH, for 300dpi I can print that 7' wide — I think you made a mistake in your pixel calculations!
yes I might try doing it manually, I was hoping I could get it done via M2P automation. Oooops, what was I thinking? That number is definitely wrong, sorry and thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Last edited:

And, I doubt it would be too hard for DJI to offer an adjustment to get the horizon off halfway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002