DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Radar orientation

vinhidalgo

Reactions
I think I already asked this a while ago but with the MPP I had at that moment. Now, I just received my Mavic 2 Pro. Updated the F.W. on the Bird and the remote. Calibrated compass and IMU. Now, for some reason, the radar in the DJI Go 4 is not reflecting the real drone orientation. Is there something wrong with it? Or the app? Or the Phone? I’m using an iPhone 7 but will try tomorrow with my iPhone X.

Please let me know if you know how to fix this or if that’s normal or something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Vin

It probably is correct relative to what it believes is north on the mobile, but your mobile compass may be off. Those easily get out of calibration. On maps when you are moving you generally don't notice because it can calculate north based on your GPS movement. Not so when you are stationery.

I think I already asked this a while ago but with the MPP I had at that moment. Now, I just received my Mavic 2 Pro. Updated the F.W. on the Bird and the remote. Calibrated compass and IMU. Now, for some reason, the radar in the DJI Go 4 is not reflecting the real drone orientation. Is there something wrong with it? Or the app? Or the Phone? I’m using an iPhone 7 but will try tomorrow with my iPhone X.

Please let me know if you know how to fix this or if that’s normal or something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Vin
The phone or tablet's compass is the usual cause.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse