DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Range Now Six Miles

Lots don’t but if the new update has new features you just miss out.

Right, the previous max distance was further than I'd ever need and I lose signal way before that anyway. I'd have rather the firmware added Active Track 3.0

Reactions: Hauptmann
The new max distance could be very helpful while flying open ocean marine mammal surveys or other conservation work where the FAA has no jurisdiction and there are no flights. Battery life, however, will still be a limiting factor. Also, I would think that a signal for longer range also means a stronger signal at close range in congested areas.

Did the update, flew a mission and lost signal just behind trees...200 ft away. I have no desire to fly that far away so with BVLOS still illegal, what’s the point.
Imagine Tesla saying with a new firmware update you could travel 3k miles. It dont mean you have to go 3k miles away but you have a pice of mind that when keeping local you have enough power to do what you need to do.

The more 5G wireless towers being installed more urban Noise will be in the area. This allows for an added push of your signal to the AC and back.

Can you imagine a drone flying 6 miles away and farther [emoji846]?
I probably would be very worried about my drone being really far away from me
But I guess it could be helpful in some ways for searching for lost people or etc

Can you imagine a drone flying 6 miles away and farther [emoji846]?
I probably would be very worried about my drone being really far away from me
But I guess it could be helpful in some ways for searching for lost people or etc

What ever happened to line of sight, I have trouble seeing my drone 30 m away , let alone9k
Nothing, some just chose to fly the way they do because of location or whatever. As I do. Lots like to jump on the whatever happened to LOS like you did.
You know even if I’m only 200’ out 100’ up do you think I frame my
shots looking at the drone 😳 no I’m looking at my screen so I’m not flying LOS. Oh I know where I’m at and what’s around me but still .
My M2P with fresh batteries would hit 4 miles and back under 100‘
Helps living in the country 😀

I can easily imagine lots of batteries dying on the way home.
True if you didn’t know your equipment and it’s limitations. Course
if your pushing it to what you think you can then the wind shifts you very well might not make it back.
But if you see your not you just start looking for a clearing to land in. Here I’m flying over my hunting club lease with green spots all over. And have had to do a landing. Funything was it was Turkey season and a guy was sitting on the edge of it waiting for the turkeys to come out. Nope a drone landed 😀
Just drove down there and got it.
was funny.
Ive done range test since I started flying and have learned if you panic at times like those your in trouble.
Wouldn’t never have tryed them if I wasn’t in the country with nothing but Weyerhaeuser land and mean thousand of acres.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803