DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro : RC micro Usb failure

Jacky.oppendinger

Reactions
Je fais référence à un problème avec la télécommande de mon Mavic 2 P; le micro usb utilisé pour charger la RC est endommagé; par conséquent, la RC ne peut pas se charger et le câble dédié ne reste pas bien en place.

TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH:

I am referring to a problem with the remote control of my Mavic 2 P; the micro usb used to charge the RC is damaged; therefore, the RC cannot be charged and the dedicated cable does not stay securely in place.

“I am referring to a problem with the remote control of my Mavic 2 P; the micro usb used to charge the RC is damaged; therefore, the RC cannot charge and the dedicated cable does not stay securely in place.“

Bonjour Jackie,

Try using a small magnetic USB connector in the USB port. I keep mine on it all the time, they prevent the type of breakage that you experienced, however you might be able to use one to fix your issue. It does not affect the performance of the RC controller.

Just use that port for charging and leave the connector on it all the time, and use the lower USB port for your phone and video when you are flying.

The only thing you have to watch for is make sure there is no magnetic dirt collecting on the connections. Here is an example:

Cellinnovation 3-in-1 Magnetic Lighting USB QC 3.0 Charging Data-Transmission Cable-Certified CE, FCC & RoHS - Quick-Charge Cable Compatible iPhone & Android - Type-C, Micro USB, Lightning Amazon.com: Cellinnovation 3-in-1 Magnetic Lighting USB QC 3.0 Charging Data-Transmission Cable-Certified CE, FCC & RoHS - Quick-Charge Cable Compatible iPhone & Android - Type-C, Micro USB, Lightning: Cellinnovation

Last edited:
Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Hi Jackie,
Try using a small magnetic USB connector in the USB port. I keep mine on it all the time, they prevent the type of breakage that you experienced, however it you might be able to use one to fix your issue. It does not affect the performance of the RC controller. The only thing you have to watch for is make sure there is no magnetic dirt collecting on the connector.

NetDot 3rd Generation USB2.0 Magnetic Charging Cable Adapter with 1 iOS Connector and 1 Micro-USB Connector Compatible with Both Android Smartphone and iPhone - 3.3 Feet / 3 Pack Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ634EJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OP6.DbDTH2NFJ
Good advice. I use the same cable and leave the magnetic adapter in place. I did have to calibrate my controller sticks due to slight magnetic interference to the Hall Effect Sensors.

Good advice. I use the same cable and leave the magnetic adapter in place. I did have to calibrate my controller sticks due to slight magnetic interference to the Hall Effect Sensors.

I didn’t experience that, but it’s very good to note in case that happens. Those connectors have very strong magnets in them.

Do you know what? I just realized something. Don’t start up your Mavic or try to calibrate its compass while holding your remote controller nearby with one of those connectors in it! I think I’ve just been lucky in that I always leave the controller near my truck or on the ground, and use both hands to hold the Mavic while calibrating it.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
unfortunately it sounds like the port is already damaged ,and the only answer is to fit a new one into the controller, this involves taking it apart and fitting a new port, that comes complete with a new cable attached ,this has been an issue since the very first mavics and is caused by putting the micro connector plug in the port upside down,apart from the magnetic connectors that have been mentioned an easy way to prevent it happening is to mark the top of the micro connector with paint or tape so you know which way up it is

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji