DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro ( sensors)

Tee

Reactions
Hello, I just got my m2p, I noticed that when I fly the sensors on the sides are not on and when I try to turn them on it just say not available, anyone else having this problem?

Also be aware: the side sensors are the LEAST sensitive of all the sensors, which is why the turn them off for most modes. So even when they're on, don't put a lot of faith into them.

There was a post last week or so where someone crashed while flying sideways, and the video showed that the pilot did NOT check his 9 o'clock beforehand. Even if I am in the mode with side-sensors, I turn 90 degrees and LOOK (with the FPV) before I fly that way.

In fact, if you must film while flying sideways, best bet is to do course lock (point to your left, lock course on an open path, then turn back and start flying and filming). Of course, DJI GO doesn't have course-lock for the M2 still / yet (weird, that), so you have to use Litchi's course lock.... or the one active track mode that is as near the same thing.

Chris

Also be aware: the side sensors are the LEAST sensitive of all the sensors, which is why the turn them off for most modes. So even when they're on, don't put a lot of faith into them.

There was a post last week or so where someone crashed while flying sideways, and the video showed that the pilot did NOT check his 9 o'clock beforehand. Even if I am in the mode with side-sensors, I turn 90 degrees and LOOK (with the FPV) before I fly that way.

In fact, if you must film while flying sideways, best bet is to do course lock (point to your left, lock course on an open path, then turn back and start flying and filming). Of course, DJI GO doesn't have course-lock for the M2 still / yet (weird, that), so you have to use Litchi's course lock.... or the one active track mode that is as near the same thing.

Chris
Thank you for the tips

The front, back and downward sensors are stereoscopic. However the side ones at monoscopic so firmware has to interpolate distance based on change in apparent size of objects.

Chris
Tap fly Free Mode would also do it I believe

The front, back and downward sensors are stereoscopic. However the side ones at monoscopic so firmware has to interpolate distance based on change in apparent size of objects.
those side sensors do not see well neither thin trees nor branches, so, when you fly in the tripod where it works, or in the auto modes - do not rely too much on them. solid walls and big objects it recognizes OK, though.

Reactions: Jet skier
The side sensors on the Mavic 2 are not stereoscopic, so they do not work in real time like the others do, and they only work in tripod mode, point of interest, circle, helix, boomerang, timelapse and active track. They work by comparing consecutive still images, rather than in real time, so they only work with slower consistent/predictable movement of the aformentioned modes.

The side sensors on the Mavic 2 are not stereoscopic, so they do not work in real time like the others do, and they only work in tripod mode, point of interest, circle, helix, boomerang, timelapse and active track. They work by comparing consecutive still images, rather than in real time, so they only work with slower consistent/predictable movement of the aformentioned modes.
Thanks, I will check it out next time I get out to fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02