DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Sport Mode - Go Slow

Acronut

Reactions
I find the Mavic 2 Pro Sport Mode very useful, particularly when manoeuvring round or through tight spaces, whilst filming, because the excellent obstacle sensors in the other 2 modes just stop the drone going anywhere near archways, buildings, trees and similar.
However, yesterday I was testing out the speed and agility of the M2P for getting quickly to a more distant, (visible), video opportunity and after several fast forward and reverse movements and rapid turns, Sport mode suddenly changed to 'Go very slowly' mode.
Similarly, on a previous outing, following a couple of fast climbs and descents in sport mode, the gimbal locked up and wouldn't respond to inputs.
The cure was simple in both cases and re-calibration of the IMU cured the issues. It seems that my IMU may be susceptible to corruption resulting from more extreme control inputs.
I am not planning to take up racing with my drone, but I just wondered if any other members had experienced the same issues, or if I have a suspect IMU - and also to make known the simple remedy.

However, yesterday I was testing out the speed and agility of the M2P for getting quickly to a more distant,

Just in case you hadn't heard the country is in lockdown. Essential travel only. I don't think that testing sport mode qualifies

Don't be so quick to judge 'Old Guy'. With a wife on immunosuppressants and as a registered carer, I have not left the house for over 4 weeks now and have just had a further 12 weeks isolation requested by the hospital. So I know better than most exactly what 'lock-down' entails.
However, with an acre of lawn, no neighbours within 300 metres and surrounded by several hundred acres of open fields on a private estate, I am privileged to be able to enjoy my drone flying without the need to travel.
We all have to find our own ways of getting through this crisis and I wish you every success with whatever activities you choose to avoid this deadly virus.

Last edited:
Having spent months in a hospital bed, including a period with double pneumonia some years ago, and now as keyworker in this pandemic. I do admit to being frustrated by those who cannot or will not understand how serious this is.

Reactions: rustysteel
Respect Sir. Stay safe, stay positive, stay at home except within Government guidelines and look forward to better times.

I find the Mavic 2 Pro Sport Mode very useful, particularly when manoeuvring round or through tight spaces, whilst filming, because the excellent obstacle sensors in the other 2 modes just stop the drone going anywhere near archways, buildings, trees and similar.
However, yesterday I was testing out the speed and agility of the M2P for getting quickly to a more distant, (visible), video opportunity and after several fast forward and reverse movements and rapid turns, Sport mode suddenly changed to 'Go very slowly' mode.
Similarly, on a previous outing, following a couple of fast climbs and descents in sport mode, the gimbal locked up and wouldn't respond to inputs.
The cure was simple in both cases and re-calibration of the IMU cured the issues. It seems that my IMU may be susceptible to corruption resulting from more extreme control inputs.
I am not planning to take up racing with my drone, but I just wondered if any other members had experienced the same issues, or if I have a suspect IMU - and also to make known the simple remedy.
I had an IMU issue on my 2-month old M2P. DJI replaced the drone under warranty as it crashed from about 7’ and busted it up a little bit. I just experienced very slow moving while in Sport mode as well. Descent with full left stick down in mode2 was only 1.5-2.5mph. It also wasnt able to go over 30mph horizontally in any direction at several different altitudes so it wasnt just wind keeping it from moving as fast as it should have. Guess I’ll recalibrate the IMU and try it again tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3