DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro to Mavic Air 2?

RuralQuad

Reactions
This may sound a little strange but is anyone considering going from the Mavic 2 Pro to the Mavic Air 2? I’m going from occasional commercial drone flights to recreational and hobby flying only and I’m weighing up my options…

Would it be silly to change from such a capable drone? Or is there mileage in opting for the new Mavic Air 2?

Thoughts and opinions welcome as always, as I cannot watch any more YouTube reviews without a substantial headache.

Welcome to the forum.
Im getting one as a backup to my M2P
No idea what I will use more after I get it but
if I was to only have one I would keep my M2P.
I know what it will do.

Welcome.

it doesn’t seem to make much sense to me. I’ll just keep my M2P.

Do you fly your M2P with the Smart Controller? Do you like the SC? In a few weeks (hopefully) the Air 2 will work with your SC. BUT, right now you can't by the Air 2 without the regular controller, so you are paying for stuff you may not want.

If I get an Air 2, it'll be when they are available a la carte.

Do you fly your M2P with the Smart Controller? Do you like the SC? In a few weeks (hopefully) the Air 2 will work with your SC. BUT, right now you can't by the Air 2 without the regular controller, so you are paying for stuff you may not want.

If I get an Air 2, it'll be when they are available a la carte.

I do fly with the SC and I do like it, but I'm sure my new phone (S20 Ultra) would do a fine job too :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507