DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro tracking a Phanton 4 Advanced using Active Track

I think the size of your P4 , distance it moved and the background it moves toward effects how your M2P will move when tracking , with my M1P tracking me I have to move a consideral distance before it moves .

Reactions: Jake Deer
My M2P tracks people perfectly. It just doesn't like the Phantom. It acts like it is interfering with it.

I cannot offer exact details on this comment since I am relatively new flyer of my M2Z and I would need to top back over some pst ActoveTrack 2.0 YouTube tutorials, but I seem to recall that there are different 'types' of ActiveTrack (forget their exact names). One type basically keeps the tracked object in the center of the frame but will not move to 'follow' the object if it moves away. It only tracks it in the center of the frame. Could it be that this is the version of ActiveTrack that you were using?

Yes. You are correct. There are 3 types of tracking. Trace, Profile and Spotlight. I had mine in Trace mode. I could make it orbit while in Trace mode but it wouldn't follow forward or backward.

That is odd. Since it was able to keep it in frame and kept the green box around it, I would have thought that it could follow it. I now think that 'kndll' is probably right in his/her comment above that had you let the P4 move even further away from the M2P that it would have eventually started to follow the P4. Care to re-test and let us know?

I agree. I have used active track following people and even bikes and it would follow forward and backward perfectly. I will definitely revisit this and test out all the tracking features.
That is odd. Since it was able to keep it in frame and kept the green box around it, I would have thought that it could follow it. I now think that 'kndll' is probably right in his/her comment above that had you let the P4 move even further away from the M2P that it would have eventually started to follow the P4. Care to re-test and let us know?

Thought I would try (for fun and curiosity) to get my M2P to track my P4A. It didn't want to move forward or backward but it would orbit and track while stationary. Has anyone else had a chance to try tracking another drone with your Mavic 2?
Watch "Mavic 2 Pro Tracking a Phantom 4 Advanced Using Active Track" on YouTube

Fun video! Thanks for trying that and keep us updated.

I've done that with a MP and a spark if you fly them both higher up where they can track each other better it works pretty well.

Very cool! Do you have any footage? I figured with the white phantom and the darker background I would have a better chance of success at a lower height. I do want to revisit this experiment and try out different heights and tracking modes. Also to see how the Phanton 4 Adv will track the Mavic 2 Pro.
I've done that with a MP and a spark if you fly them both higher up where they can track each other better it works pretty well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore