DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Upward Obstacle Dected - Unable to open logs

SuperSummit

Reactions
Please forgive me if this post is redundant. I've spent hours searching for an answer. I just replaced a broken front arm on a Mavic 2 pro for a friend of my dads. I have no idea what the flying condition was prior to doing this but it crashed into a tree and broke an arm a year or so ago. I replaced the arm no problem. Now when I go to fly it I can't take off in p or t mode, it says upward obstacle detected. I assure you there are no upward obstacles. It goes up about 6 inches and lands.

I can take off in sport mode. Sometimes I can switch it to p and t in flight and it will maintain altitude without issues, but other times it just starts descending randomly until I go back to s mode. Based on other posts, I tried black electrical tape over the upward IR sensor. That had no impact. I've done IMU, compass, and vision calibration. This looks to be a common problem, but I haven't been able to find a definitive solution. It doesn't appear that you can just disable the upward sensor and flying in sport mode is far too aggressive. Based on the previous meeting with a tree, we want all obstacle avoidance working properly. Any other ideas or things to try?

The other issue I have is in the assistant on windows, I don't have the flight data option listed on the left side of the window. I can't open the log to see if there's any further errors or information. Any idea why I don't see the flight data option? I'm in version 2.0.14. I put the logs out on a google drive at the following link if anyone can look at them. Other than Naza, I haven't dont much with DJI before this came along.

I believe there is some problems in the connection to the IR sensor module or there is a gap between the sensor module and the cover so some internal reflection from the IR transmitter to the IR receiver occurs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BudWalker
Please forgive me if this post is redundant. I've spent hours searching for an answer. I just replaced a broken front arm on a Mavic 2 pro for a friend of my dads. I have no idea what the flying condition was prior to doing this but it crashed into a tree and broke an arm a year or so ago. I replaced the arm no problem. Now when I go to fly it I can't take off in p or t mode, it says upward obstacle detected. I assure you there are no upward obstacles. It goes up about 6 inches and lands.

I can take off in sport mode. Sometimes I can switch it to p and t in flight and it will maintain altitude without issues, but other times it just starts descending randomly until I go back to s mode. Based on other posts, I tried black electrical tape over the upward IR sensor. That had no impact. I've done IMU, compass, and vision calibration. This looks to be a common problem, but I haven't been able to find a definitive solution. It doesn't appear that you can just disable the upward sensor and flying in sport mode is far too aggressive. Based on the previous meeting with a tree, we want all obstacle avoidance working properly. Any other ideas or things to try?

The other issue I have is in the assistant on windows, I don't have the flight data option listed on the left side of the window. I can't open the log to see if there's any further errors or information. Any idea why I don't see the flight data option? I'm in version 2.0.14. I put the logs out on a google drive at the following link if anyone can look at them. Other than Naza, I haven't dont much with DJI before this came along.

The on board .DAT is encrypted. Actually, it gets encrypted when retrieved by DJI Assistant 2. However, there is a non-encrypted .DAT on the mobile device. To see how to retrieve it take a look at
Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
section 3.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54