DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro video issues

Vader Zoom 01

Reactions
I have been having this issue with my Mavic 2 Pro where I download the videos to my pc to put in my video editor ( DaVinci Resolve 17) and when I add them to DaVinci it says video offline. It has happened twice and the first time it happened I went into the camera settings on my M2P and reset to default then made my changes I use for shooting. After I did that the videos worked fine. Now it has happened a second time. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I had this issue too, as long as the original media is in your computer somewhere you can re-link the files.

1. Highlight all the media in the media pool
2. Right click on highlited media
3. Select re-link media option

I use the free version and this worked for me no issues, it will scan the selected drive for the original media so depending how big the drive is it may take some time. The reason for this will be moving the original file to a new location after putting it in DaVinci ie the original file is in videos when linked and you then move it to a folder in videos or a complete new location. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Fizzbang
Sounds like you're using the free version of Davinci Resolve ... & H265 codec on your drone. The free version don't process that codec, use H264 instead.
Are you certain about that @slup ? I shoot 4K 60fps (which you can only shoot in H.265) sometimes and I don't recall having issues with it in Resolve. I have been shooting higher frame rates lately in 2.7k though because I can preview that on my older Mac and MacBook Pro in the finder. My new M1 Mini will preview 4K60 in the finder no problem.

Are you certain about that...
It's kind of a mix of reasons ... 8 or 10bit video, Windows or MAC & weather you have the codec installed on the computer (windows) or not. DR Studio version usually fix all these problems related to H265 ...

But as the OP's problems seemed to be intermittent ... the reason could be just that he occasionally used H265 & a reset to the camera defaults (which made new videos work) switched to H264.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Sounds like you're using the free version of Davinci Resolve ... & H265 codec on your drone. The free version don't process that codec, use H264

Sounds like you're using the free version of Davinci Resolve ... & H265 codec on your drone. The free version don't process that codec, use H264 instead.
Hi Slup, I've been using Davinci Resolve the free version ever since I bought my M2Z and I shoot mainly in Dlog M and never had an issue color grading my videos. I've had my M2P about 6 months less then my Zoom and never had an issue color grading it's videos when I shoot in Dlog M until recently. I have Davinci Resolve on my laptop and I can edit the M2P videos just fine just not on my PC but I can edit my M2Z videos just fine on my PC. I know there is a camera reset but I can't find a reset for the M2P, I may need to contact DJI if I can't find a solution to his issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair