DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro waypoints

Uhhjoe82

Reactions
Does anyone know how to utilize waypoints to set a specific spot for taking a photo? An example would be if I wanted to take a picture of a tree going through all four seasons from the exact same position. Or to use it for a construction project like a before and after photo.

Sure, just create the waypoint and point of interest. Then in the waypoint settings designate the POI for it to look at. You can also set the video or still camera action or not and just control that manually. Then save the mission which you can load up and execute anytime exactly the same. Some of the youtube waypoint tutorials show this basic stuff very clearly.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Ok great, thanks I’ll give this a shot. I also watched a few YouTube videos. So here goes nothing.

Ok great, thanks I’ll give this a shot. I also watched a few YouTube videos. So here goes nothing.
If you go online to Udemy. com and look at mavic&phantom film school 2 you can see on there how to do a seasonal filming of what you want to do mate very interesting how to make the best of your video and or photos and linking them together. Hope it helps courses are cheap and very informative I've used them as I'm trying out some of the things shown on the website but I don't have any editing software to edit photos or videos so not posting anything online just for self use as a hobby for now

This is exactly what I'm busy with: a three in the middle of a corn field. Going there every week to grap a couple of pictures.
Saved a (simple) waypoints task, with the drone flying to the same spot every time, and take a picture. You need minimum 2 waypoints so I've got a starting wayoint (1), and a "picture taking" waypoint (WP2).
The WP action for WP2 is "take a picture", and I let the drone hover after the sequence, so it remains in the same location, allowing me to take a few more pictures if I want.

Not sure yet how I'm going to process the pictures into a movie after the winter. Still got plenty time to figure that out :)

Yeah, I bet those will turn out great. It’s just blending them together seems like a process but definitely doable. I’m an electrician and I’m installing parking lot lights at a school. I want to take a before pic in one specific angle then an after pic when the project is complete. I want to use hyperlight though because it dramatically reduces noise in the pics and is simple to use for brilliant night shots. There isn’t to much info on the internet on how to utilize this amazing feature.

Danny, creating a time-lapse video shouldn't be a problem when you're all done -- an interwebs search will provide plenty of guidance.

I do a lot of time-lapses with intervals of 2 seconds to 30-40 seconds, but nothing as long as a full week between -- that's going to be pretty cool! (And I think I'm going to 'borrow' your idea.)

Chris

Yeah, I know how to do a timelapse, just not sure if a week interval will fit that.
Maybe a keep each picture on for a second or so, and create a transition to the next one.
I already did a 360 video around the tree, and plan to make a few more in between, maybe also use that as transitions in between.
Would be cool to also have a video of the crop being harvested.

Decent video, but I have a question.

He sets WP #1 to Start Recording, but then he selects Arc for Route Settings (for good reason), but he gets the message that the Camera Actions will not be performed for Arc (see the image below). But then, just before he hits the GO button, he manually sets the recording going.

So is this confirmation that this is the only way to get footage of a waypoint mission with the Arc route setting, to set it going manually?

(Yes, I'll test this next time I'm out and also doing a waypoint, but if you know and care to say so, have at it -- thanks in advance.)

Chris

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE